20 | cαтcн мє

I can see this unraveling
Your love is where I'm falling

Chapter 20 ~ Catch Me

Owen Bailey

"Please stop pouting," Raven's irritated voice sounded throughout our room as she returned from the walk-in closet, wearing nothing but an over-sized t-shirt over her small frame. She stopped to pull back the curtains of the room, allowing the early morning sunlight to invade my eyes for a second or two.

Once I adjusted, I glanced up at her from my sprawled-out position on our bed and shook my head. "I'm not pouting."

"Oh, yeah?" She plopped onto the bed beside me and snuggled up next to me as she hooked her arm through mine and nuzzled her head into my chest. "Then what's that?" She poked the side of my face.

"It's a frown."

"Then why are you frowning?"

I pushed her away from me. "Because you get on my nerves." Raven didn't let my sour attitude deter her from retaliating because she sat up properly and stared at the side of my face until I was completely peeved by her persistence. "What do you want, Raven?"

"I want to know what's wrong with you," she answered promptly. "Yes, Lucifer is out to kill you, and yes, your life sucks, but you gotta stop being so moody all the time. Stop being a dick to other people, especially people who have been so nice to you."

I forced myself to meet her blue eyes and instantly regretted it once I saw the patronizing look she was giving me. Raven had always been great at giving pep talks, even when it was clear that no one wanted to hear her speak. "Why do I feel like you're talking about one person in particular?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Because I am." She tucked her legs under her bottom, slapped her hands on her thighs, and gave me her full attention. After releasing a heavy sigh, she grabbed onto my hands to wiggle her fingers in between mine. "He likes you, and you like him."

I rolled my eyes at her. "I don't like him."

"Well, whatever you want to call it, it's still the same damn thing," she snapped.

Yanking my hands away from hers, I moved to the edge of the bed and stared at her with an incredulous look morphing onto my face. "The kid tried to strangle me last night, and you think I like him?" When she didn't answer immediately, I scoffed, and folded my arms against my chest to keep my stance. "I swear the next time I see him, I'm gonna..." My words fell flat when I caught a glimpse of a figure standing in the doorway; sure enough, the boy in question just had to be present to witness this.

Raven sucked in a breath and leaped off the bed. "Well, that's my cue!" she exclaimed as she pushed past Trey to fully immerse herself into the hallway, disappearing out of sight just in time for Trey to give me a dumb look. He stood in the doorway for several awkward seconds before he decided to make a move by stepping into the room.

"What? You came to choke me, again?"

The corners of his lips twitched into a cross between a smile and scowl, but whatever it was disappeared just as quickly as it came, and he waltzed further into the room with his arms crossed over his chest. "No," he said through gritted teeth. "I'm here because I want to know what I mean to you."