Chapter 14~ Just Like Cinderella.

Disclaimer: Quiet Town and Melissa Black are movies/characters solely made up for the purpose of this novel. :)

"Wait... you're serious?" I questioned, pressing my hands into the leather seats for support.

I felt like I was going to faint, or worse, throw up all over my dress.

Ethan nodded and accelerated a little, his eyes not leaving the road even for a second. "Deadly. It's the premiere of 'Quiet Town', in case you were wondering."

We sped down Vine towards Hollywood Boulevard, where I could now see that there were hundreds of people swarming around the Chinese Theatre. My mouth gaped as I tried to comprehend what he was telling me.

What this some kind of practical joke? Were camera-men going to jump out and yell that I'd been Punk'd at any given moment?

"How did you even get invited?" I queried, wondering briefly if that had sounded rude.

He stopped the car behind a line of limousines and turned me with an amused expression. "Do you know who stars in the movie Quiet Town, Isabelle?"

I nodded. "Of course, it's like the most anticipated movie of the year. It's got Matt Damon, Anne Hathaway, Melissa Bla-" I stopped short, almost choking on my own spit.

Ethan looked as if he was trying not to laugh as I had somewhat of an existential crisis right there in the car. "Melissa Black... y-your mother?" I said, trying to pretend that I was cool, calm and collected when we both knew I wasn't.

Ethan didn't reply but instead pushed his door open, tossing his keys to the valet as he circled around to open my door for me. He offered me his hand and helped me out of the car, letting go only when he was certain that I wasn't going to fall flat on my face. I held onto the crook of his arm just in case, and he led me towards the red carpet and crowds of people.

Teen girls shrieked and cried as we passed by, holding up their camera phones as far over the restricting fence as they could and screaming Ethan's name.

Ethan was kind of... famous.

Of course he is, idiot, his mother is Melissa Black! One of the biggest movie stars of our time!

As we made our way onto the red carpet in a flurry of blinding camera flashes and security guards, it was almost impossible for me to get my head around what was happening. There was loud pop music playing in the distance, and hundreds of faces-- some I recognised from various movies and television shows, some I didn't-- all rotated around the red carpet, allowing the paparazzi to snap photos of them in their to-die for outfits. Ethan reached up and squeezed my hand reassuringly, which caused an onslaught of cameras to flash in my face, momentarily blinding me.

The security guards that had begun to follow us ushered us onto an area of the red carpet that was framed by sky-high Quiet Town promotional posters, all plastered with Melissa's face on them.

"That close up of my mother is way too close, if you ask me." Ethan muttered to me, leaning close so I could hear him over the noise. I laughed and shook my head, and in response more camera flashes went off in the crowd.

"Ethan! Who's your girlfriend?" One of the paparazzi behind the fence yelled out, causing me to blush.

"Yeah, who's the chick?" Another one called out.

Ethan squeezed my hand again and kept smiling, placing his hand on my lower back gently.

"Aren't you going to answer them?" I asked curiously, keeping a smile plastered to my face even though my cheeks were aching.