Chapter 52 - Prom Night

Start from the beginning

"This is for you" Austin said with a rose corsage in his hand. I smiled and held my hand out for him. He slid it onto my wrist then smiled at me as he looked back up. I heard some 'hellos' so I looked over to see Pattie. Patties here?

"One second" I said to Austin and started walking over to Pattie. Once she saw me, her eyes widened and she walked over to me.

"You look absolutely beautiful honey" Pattie said as she grabbed my hands into hers. I smiled widely. "I had to come see you before you went. Even though Justin isn't here, you guys were both always so excited for prom" she told me.

"Thank you so much for coming. It's really nice to see you. I didn't even know you were back in town" I said back to her and she let go of my hands.

"I came back a few days ago. I'm spending the week home, I was a little home sick" she explained to me. I nodded understanding. "Well go take some group photos. I'll be watching with your mom" She said and hugged me quickly. She's the best. She really is. She has been like a second mom to me since forever. I listened to what every one was saying as we all walked out the door to take prom pictures.

"Do you want me to do that?" I heard Austin ask as I lifted up my dress a bit to go down the few stairs to go to the driveway. I looked up at him and smiled as I shook my head.

"Thank you though" I said back and we walked down the path to where everyone else is. Time to take about a million pictures for the next hour.

"That's Justin's mom right?" Austin asked me. I nodded then looked over at Pattie. I watched her answer her phone and take a few steps away from everyone for the call.

"Ready to take a bunch of pictures over and over?" I joked with Austin. He laughed and nodded.

***

After taking a bunch of photos, which not going to lie was a lot of fun, we are all getting ready to leave. I walked over to Pattie and was about to start talking until her phone rang again.

"That's Justin for the third time since I got here" she told me getting a laugh out of me. Of course he called three times. She answered and I noticed it was a FaceTime. "Hi Hun" she answered.

"Hey are they done taking pictures yet? I want to see Jamie, but I don't want to interrupt" I heard him ask his mom. I laughed again and stood next to Pattie.

"Hi babe" I said to him as I got into frame. His eyes widened.

"Hi princess" he said with a huge smile. "God you look so gorgeous" he told me.

"Thank you my love" I said as I felt my cheeks heat up.

"When is your concert?" Pattie asked him.

"In about thirty minutes" He answered her. "Wait hold on" he said to us then looked away. "Fredo! Can I use your phone really quickly? I want to record something" he yelled to Alfredo. I heard him tell Justin yes and I saw his phone being handed to Justin. "I want to record a video to post on my Instagram or my Twitter"

"Of what?" His mom asked him.

"Of you guys" he said with a smile. Pattie and I looked at each other shaking our heads then back at the screen. Justin held the phone up and started to record as he said, "Guys how is it that my mom gets to send my girlfriend off to prom and I can't be there? Crazy. But look at them, I'm so grateful to have these two wonderful women in my life" He put the phone back down and giggled.

"That was sweet, Justin" Pattie said to him.

"We miss you" I told him. "I wish you were here"