IX

Lol I tried to make this chapter good but yea nah it sucks, sorry fam

Draco's POV even tho it's in third person

Draco watched as Filch walked away and tripped over a rock before walking away again, leaving him standing on the muddy bank facing Harry. Harry looked no happier than he to be left in the cold to pull weeds from a lake's bank that no one even went near anyway.

For a good 10 seconds Draco and Harry stared at each other, barely breathing nor moving, just glaring at each other. Harry's messy hair was being whipped around by the strong rush of cold wind and Draco felt his own doing the same.

"I am NOT doing this, especially not with you." Draco spat.

"Quit acting like a baby, it's just some weeds." Harry snarled back.

"Oh it's only weeds, nothing compared to what the 'Chosen one' has faced, the great Harry Potter who's been waited on hand and foot."

Harry's voice was much quieter now "If you knew anything you would know that the Dursleys treat me like shit and have made me wait on them my whole life, even locking me in my room and starving me. But obviously you know more than me."

Draco and Harry went back to their glaring contest. This time it was much more intense. Whilst glaring at Harry Draco thought about the things Harry had said, Draco had always thought Harry had the muggles under his control and made them do everything for him but Harry made it sound like the other way around...

Draco felt a feeling wiggling around in his stomach was it... pity? Whatever it was Draco pushed it away. Harry was now staring at Draco with his eyes narrowed but the rest of his face had a curious expression, as if he was trying to figure out what Draco was thinking, well Draco certainly wasn't telling.

Another rush of piercing cold wind blew at them whipping their hair and causing Harry to pull his hoodie tighter around his body. The hoodie Harry was wearing, Draco had never seen it before but it suited him well, making his already bright green eyes more startling and vibrant, especially against the dull grey sky.

Harry cocked an eyebrow and Draco felt a blush on his cheeks, it must've looked strange the way he was staring at Harry, and why was he staring at Harry's eyes anyway? Draco slightly shook his head.

"Let's get going already."

Harry nodded and began the journey to down the muddy bank towards the weeds. The bank was extremely slimy so they treaded carefully, careful not to-

SLIP

Harry had completely flew up in the air before landing on his backside on the mud. Draco couldn't help laughing causing Harry to glare at him while his face slowly turned red.

Harry pushed himself up and wiped the mud from his black jeans. He narrowed his eyes once more at Draco "Are we going to pull up these weeds or not?"

Rolling his eyes Draco slowly crept to the nearby weed and with a tug it came clean out the ground, which was one advantage of the slipperiness, the weeds basically slid out.

Without uttering a sound Draco and Harry worked, and worked and worked. Pulling out weed, after weed, after weed. They had pulled out dozens of spiky, leafy weeds but compared to the hundreds still cluttered around the bank it felt like nothing.

Draco got the chills working around the lake, and it wasn't just from the cool air and water breeze, it felt like things were watching him, from under the murky surface of the lake. Draco swore that he saw a pair of yellow eyes at some point. Draco recalled the Tri Wizard Tournament a couple of years ago and how the Grindylows had attacked Fleur, Draco shivered, for once he was grateful for Harry's company. The rainy smell in the air was comforting too, it was one of Draco's favourite smell and had always gave him a sense of calmness.

"Hey Draco" Harry called from closer to the lake, he appeared to be struggling with a tough weed. Draco sighed and walked towards him .Harry was bent over the weed with both hands clasped around a leafy weed and his muddy stained pants stuck in the air "Could you..."

But at that moment the roots gave way and Harry's hands still gripping the weed flew in the air. Both hands flew up, over his head and let go of the weed that has a clump of mud still attached to it and soared up high until it came down right on Draco's white blonde hair. Draco was so shocked, he brung his fingers up to his dripping hair.

"I'm sorry, it didn't mean to" Said Harry biting his lip to keep from laughing.

Draco bent over, grabbed a handful of grey mud and before Harry knew what he was doing

SMACK

Draco's mud ball made connection to Harry's head and caused him to slip over. Draco roared with laughter so hard that he too slipped on the muddy bank and landed with such force that mud sprayed up and covered him.

For a few seconds Draco and Harry stared blinking at each other, on the grey shore, drenched in grey, slimy mud. At the exact moment they laughed, and laughed. It had been a while since Draco had laughed so hard and he was greeted with the familiar painful yet pleasurable pain in his stomach. Harry seemed to have tears running down his cheeks, creating rivers down his face washing away the mud and revealing lines of his pink skin.

They continued to laugh, it was hard to stand up, they would slip again every time and fall back onto the mud which caused them to laugh some more. Finally Harry stood up in a shaky stance and began to pile a handful of mud in his hand.

Draco was able to stand up and laughing, he ran away from Harry who had a huge pile of slimy mud in his hand. Harry began to run after him. Almost slipping at some points Draco ran faster but he managed to keep his ground. Harry however, didn't. Draco turned his head around to look at Harry the exact moment he slipped and face planted into the mud. It was Draco's turn to cry from laughter this time as he extended a hand to help Harry up. But Harry had different plans, gripping Draco's wrist hard he pulled him down alongside him. Draco and Harry lay on the mud for a long time, barely able to breathe.

Their Mud fight became more like a war as the both had their own large rock that they hid behind with a pile of mud balls that they threw at each other.

Draco wondered as he threw more balls at Harry, one of them hitting him square in the face, why they were enemies. They seemed to have always hated each other but at this moment with just him and Harry, Draco felt like he had never been happier.

Suddenly interrupting his thoughts Harry leapt from his rock and began running towards Draco with an armful of mud balls. Draco scrambled away as one after the other Harry pelted the balls at him. They were running and laughing across the bank when suddenly the balls stopped hitting him, Harry had run out.

Draco had found his new talent of making mud balls very fast and within Ten seconds two band new balls had been created. Draco slammed one of them at Harry causing him to stumble and just as Draco lifted up his over hand to throw the other, fall.

But this didn't stop Draco. He ran towards Harry ready to throw when he tripped over a rock and fell right on top of Harry who was laying on his stomach.

Draco's face and Harry's were so close together that their noses were touching. Harry's deep, hot breaths that looked like fog in the chilly air blew right into Draco's face as blue and green eyes met.

Hehehehehehe
Cliff hangers are gr9