VII

I have no idea what this story is, I'm just making this shit up as I go

*Recap*

"Mr Potter, there you are, come with me." Came Mrs McGonagall's stern voice from behind them.

Harry turned around and felt he good mood slowly deteriorate.

***

Every curse word Harry knew both from the muggle and wizard world was flying through his head at that very moment, there could be hundreds of reasons why Mrs McGonagall would want to speak to him but all he could think about was all the rules he had broken today.

"Sit," Said McGonagall gesturing to the worn red arm chair facing her desk. Harry slowly walked over to it and sunk into the soft velvet material all while Mrs McGonagall's firm gaze lay on him.

"Do you know why you're here Mister Potter?"

Harry shook his head. McGonagall gave a heavy sigh and stared at one of the many moving paintings hung on the wall.

"You are here Potter because today after lunch Mr Filch saw you trailing mud on the floor that according to him had just been swept, that alone would have resulting in points lost from Gryffindor."

Harry couldn't help but give out a relieved sigh, he had been expecting that McGonagall had found out about something much worse than a bit of mud.

"However," Said McGonagall louder seeing how relieved Harry looked, "Since when Mr Filch called you over you ran away I am forced to give you a detention as well. Mr Filch also said you were accompanied by two other friends, now one will assume that those two friends were Mister Weasley and Miss Granger but since Mr Filch said he didn't know for sure who those friends are it would be unfair to punish them so you can tell Miss Granger and Mr Weasley they are safe, for now."

Harry swore that he saw a small smile appear on her thin lips.

"Off you hop now, I'll send the date for your detention tomorrow."

"Good night Professor" He said walking rather quickly out her office where he met Ron wringing his hands anxiously.

Ron's eyes lit up when he caught sight of Harry, "What happened?"

"Filch told McGonagall about the mud but its fine, he didn't recognise you or Hermione."

Harry felt an enormous rush of affection towards Ron when he saw that hearing he wasn't in trouble didn't make his expression any less concerned.

"But what about you, Harry?"

"Only a detention, after last year I'm use to them."

"Still I can't believe Filch, what a git"

Harry and Ron went on a full rant about Filch that involved words that would make Mrs McGonagall faint. Harry had been so engrossed with the conversation he didn't realise that they had already arrived at the fat ladies painting who was looking very tired. Ron said the password (candlesticks) and they went into the common room where about ten people were up, one of them Hermione who, like usual, was reading.

"That was an awfully long Quidditch practice"

Ron yawned "That's because McGonagall made Harry go to her office, Filch told her about the mud and Harry got a detention but Filch didn't recognize us."

"Oh I feel bad now, I was the one who suggested we visit Hagrid"

"Don't worry about it Hermione, it's only a detention."

"I'm going to bed, care to join me?" Said Ron after a few moments of silence. (Not in that way you dirty fucks)

"Yeah, alright."