VIII

A detention, with Draco, Draco Malfoy. It was like his dreams and nightmares had mixed together and become something so frightening yet attracting at the same time, much like Draco himself. 

Harry considered his options, he could go to the detention, true he would be able to spend time with Draco but they would most likely fight and hate each other even more, Harry preferred to observe him from a safe distance.

If he didn't go to the detention, well, the punishment would increase but he would have saved a great risk.

Yep looks like I not going, he thought flopping face first into the bed he spent so much time in these days. Harry just lay there, on his bed imagining scenarios that had as much chance of happening as Voldemort giving Harry a hug.

"Harry...?"

"Mmfph" Harry made a grunting sound into his pillow, honestly just moving his head seemed like too much energy to muster.

"What are you doing? Are you sick?" Hermione peered over at him.

Mentally groaning Harry did the extremely hard task of sitting up. "No...I'm just tired"

Hermione raised her book and brang it down on Harry's head "When. Will. You. Stop. Denying. It?" Hissed Hermione smacking him lightly with her books after every word.

"What are you on about?" Harry rubbed his now sore head.

"Draco of course, or are you over him now"

Harry scowled at her "I never liked him okay. Where's Ron?"

Hermione shrugged and began pacing around the dorm "We need to do a lot of work, but not too much just so that he can notice" She muttered. Harry didn't have the slightest idea what she was on about or whether she was even talking to him so he awkwardly remained silent on the bed.

Hermione kept pacing as if figuring out some complicated problem. She shot her large brown eyes towards Harry "Yes of course! Why didn't I think of that?"

"What are you on about Hermione?"

She shook her curly head "Don't worry, now I need you to show me your clothes"

Harry learned that when Hermione got like this it was best to just do what she wanted. Harry opened his trunk containing the small pile of clothes he owned, it was a bit embarrassing really, how shapeless and old they all were. Hermione dug through his clothes, searching.

"Aha" With a trumpfic cry Hermione unearthed a dark green grey hoodie that Harry had brought last year.

"Oh I forgot I had that"

Hermione held up the hoodie "Hopefully you still fit into it..." she sighed.

With a sharp yank Harry pulled the hoodie out Hermione's hands. "What the..? Give it Harry!" She jumped madly for it, trying to clasp the material in her hands but Harry had grown a lot and held it far out her reach. "Not until I have answers." He said stubbornly.

"Really Harry isn't it obvious, you need to look your best tomorrow and that jacket really brings out your eyes"

"Why would I need to look my best tomorrow?" Harry asked even though he knew the answer before any sound left her mouth.

"For Draco obviously"

"For your information I don't like Draco and I am not going to the detention tomorrow"

"Oh yes you are and try adding some of my hair potion as well, it might somehow tame your hair"

Harry rolled his eyes and flopped back on his bed. "Are you ever going to stop Hermione?"

Harry somehow knew that she was smiling when she answered the question, "No"

***

It would be easier if I was a girl, then I can just put makeup on or something Harry thought as he heaped a generous amount of hair potion in his palm. Harry ran his fingers through his hair, it didn't do much to tame his messy locks but it did make them much more silky and soft. Looking at the alarm clock his stomach did a flip, 10 more minutes...

It was Saturday, the day of Harry's detention and the trip to Hogsmeade. Ron and Hermione had already left. It was a bit awkward, Ron and Hermione looked really guilty but Harry tried to look cheerful and told them to bring him some more Bertie Botts. Hermione gave him a hug and whispered "Good luck" before pulling away with a smirk.

Now Harry was alone, watching the clock ticking away until he will have to face Draco.

It was time. Harry left the dorm wearing the hoodie Hermione forced him into and a pair of his best jeans (another recommendation from Hermione). Harry made his way to Filches office and knocked on the old, greasy door.

"Ah, here to join the party!" Filch chucked to himself and waved Harry into his small, smelly office where Draco Malfoy was already leaning gloomily in the corner.

"I don't understand" he scowled "why I have to do it with him, why can't we have separate detention"

"Shut it" Filch growled "do you think I want to waste time with two detentions?"

Filch walked out the door "Follow me"

Draco and Harry trailed after Filch as he hobbled across the grounds. It was a grey, rather cold day and the smell of the rain this morning still hung in the cold air. Filch led them to the bank of the black lake. The shore of the lake was a horrible slimy grey colour and it led into the dark water where many strange beasts lingered.

"You'll be pulling the pesky weeds out of the mud today" Filch gave a horrible smile, revealing all of his remaining teeth.

"Isn't this your job?" cried Draco bewildered.

Filch grinned again "It's your job now, and I want it done, every single weed"