Stupid Love

Chapter 12

Tyler Joseph's POV:

I had just told Nessa that I loved her, and she was just staring at me. "Vanessa?" I asked warily, swallowing a bit. I was terrified. What was I thinking? God, I'm so stupid! "Ness, are y-." "I have to go," she said quickly, leaving the kitchen and walking into the living room. She put her shoes and coat on before walking out the door into the rain. I just sat on the floor in the kitchen until Belle and Josh came back down the stairs. They were smiling at each other and giggling until they noticed me on the ground. "Tyler? Dude, what happened?" Josh rushed over to me, kneeling on the floor.

I looked up at my best friend and his girlfriend and sighed. "I told her," I looked down at my hands, feeeling pathetic. "I told her and she left. I shouldn't have said anything. God I'm such an idiot!" I tugged at my hair, closing my eyes as I felt tears begin to fill them. Josh was the only one who knew that I had a crush on Vanessa. Yep, a full-blown middle school crush on a girl that was way out of my league. I knew this would happen. "Tyler, it's okay. I'll talk to her tomorrow," Belle chimed in, smiling a bit. I shook my head and sniffled. "It's fine. I never had a chance with her anyways." I stood up and walked into the living room, gathering my things before walking out the door as well.

~~

Vanessa Costello's POV:

I got to my apartment later that night. When I reached my door, I heard a noise coming from Tyler's apartment. It sounded like a piano. I sighed and unlocked my door, walking inside and throwing my keys onto the counter like I always do. I walked into my bathroom and took off my wet clothes, stepping into the shower and under the warm water. I could barely hear Tyler anymore. I got out of the shower and walked back into my room with a towel wrapped around myself. I changed into some comfier clothes and got myself ready for bed. I sat on my bed for hours, not even knowing how to comprehend what Tyler had said to me earlier. Was it true that he loved me? I wasn't being pranked or something? Did Josh pay him to do it? I groaned and put my pillow over my face. "I'll deal with this in the morning," I mumbled to myself, staring at the ceiling.

~~

The next morning, I purposely got up and left earlier than I usually do so I didn't have to face Tyler. I got to the shop and opened it up, seeing Josh coming down the street. I quickly went inside the store and turned on the OPEN sign in the front window. Josh walked in a few minutes later, and I disappeared into the back room. "Vanessa!" Josh called after me, but I hid behind one of the cabinets back there. "I know you're back here, Ness. This room isn't that big." I heard Josh sigh and walk towards the back. I should've just called in sick today so I didn't have to deal with this. I sat down in the corner and sighed as Josh walked over to me. "Nessa, why are you avoiding me?" He asked sincerely as I stood up and walked out of the back room. "Vanessa!" Josh groaned, following me. I felt him grab my arm gently and I spun around, yanking my arm out of his grip. "What, Josh?" I snapped at him, knowing exactly what he was going to ask me.

Josh jumped at my sudden shout, backing up slightly. "Don't be mad at me, Nessa. You made a dick move yesterday," Josh said defensively, folding his arms over his chest. I stood there for a moment, trying to think of something to say, but I just looked at Josh, not knowing what to do. I walked behind the counter and sat on my stool. I couldn't face Tyler for awhile after what happened. I leaned my forehead on the countertop and closed my eyes. "I know I messed up, Josh. I'm just afraid of getting hurt. I don't know," I sat up and ran a hand through my hair, looking over at him. "I didn't know what to say to him..." Josh sighed and shook his head, walking to the backroom. I placed my head on the countertop again and sighed softly. This was going to be a long day.

~~

short chapter, i know. i'm gonna do a double update so hold your horses.