You Are Just so Perfect

Chapter 13

Tyler Joseph's POV:

Nessa had been avoiding all of us for almost two weeks. It was horrible for me. If only I had kept my goddamn mouth shut. Josh said she hasn't been coming to the store this entire time, and that he was getting annoyed, but he wasn't going to fire her, since it was nice having another person at the shope with him.

On another, more positive note, Josh and Belle have been doing well. They go on a lot of dates together and they also hang out with me all the time. Sometimes I feel like it's out of pity, but they say that they enjoy helping me in a time where I've never felt more alone and more broken. Honestly, I don't know why I thought I had a shot with Nessa. I should move on; forget that she ever existed. But that's really hard to do, when she lives nextdoor to me and I see her leaving for work. And she works with my best friend. She's hard to avoid and even harder to forget.

I sing songs that remind me of her a lot, I even started to write her a song. Pretty fucking cheesy, right? I was so lovesick that sometimes I actually felt physicsally sick. Josh keeps telling me to get over her, as I should be, like I mentioned before. But, also as I mentioned before, that's hard. I've walked pas t Vanessa's apartment at night after work and I would hear her singing. I wish I wasn't in so deep with her, because maybe, just maybe, I could ignore it. But I couldn't.

It had been another few days without Nessa talking to us. We were sitting at Josh's house watching movies on the couch. Belle and Josh were cuddling on one end while I was on the other end, eating popcorn and barely paying attention to the movie that was playing. When I got up to get something to drink, there was a soft knock at the door. "I'll get it," I walked to the front door. I was already up, so I might as well. I placed my hand on the knob. Half of me hoped that it was Nessa on the other side of the door, but the other half was slapping that half for being stupid. I turned the knob in my hand and pulled the door open, seeing someone standing in the rain off of the porch. They turned around when I flipped on the porch light.

It was Nessa.

My breath hitched in my throat as I realized who it was. I shoved my feet in my shoes and walked onto the porch. "Nessa?" I asked, not really believing it. I heard the movie pause behind me and Josh and Belle walk to the door as I stepped off the last step and onto the small sidewalk. Vanessa looked up at me, mascara staining her cheeks. Josh and Belle were standing on the front porch now, watching. I could feel their eyes staring at me. Nessa wiped her face, even though rain continued to fall from the darkening sky. "Tyler." I felt her hand cup the back of my neck and oull me close to her, pressing our lips together firmly. It took me a moment to register what was happening, before my arms slowly made their way around Nessa's hips, pulling her even closer to me.

This was actually happening. This was actually happening.

We broke apart after a momentand she pushed her forehead against mine gently, looking my dead in the eyes as the rain fell down around us. "I'm so sorry," Nessa breathed out, a sniffle coming from her. She pulled me in for another gentle kiss before whispering the words I've been wanting to hear from her and only her;

"I love you, too, Tyler."