We All Scream Cause We're Terrified

Chapter 7

Tyler Joseph's POV:

The next morning, I was rudely awakened by sunlight streaming through curtains. I sat up, slightly startled, forgetting where I was for a moment. I looked around until I looked down next to me, seeing Nessa curled up against my side. I sighed softly in relief, remembering that I was at Josh's house. I had a nightmare and Vanessa woke me up and let me sleep in her bed, since she knew how I got after I had nightmares from the last time she as at my house. The bed was pretty small, so she was pressed flush against me, causing me to blush softly.

I looked at her while she slept, which sounds really creepy, but she looked really cute with a light smile on her face. She looked so peaceful. I lied there completely still, trying not it wake her up. I waited for about ten minutes before shifting my body weight slightly to lay on my side, and surprisingly, she didn't wake up; she just moved closer to me. I smiled and admired her for a little while longer before Josh walked into the room, laughing softly.

"Does this always happen when I leave you two alone?" he asked, smirking lightly, I took a pillow and threw it at him, the sudden movement waking Vanessa up. She sat up quickly and opened her eyes, looking around the room, looking from Josh to me. "Well good morning to you two, too," she said tiredly before laying back down on the bed. "My mom made breakfast," Josh said before leaving the room. I looked over at Nessa, and smiled. She had already fallen back to sleep, curled up in a small ball on the mattress. I stroked her hair gently and she stirred slightly, causing me to draw my hand back. Her brown eyes opened once again as she looked up at me tiredly.

"Hi.. did you sleep okay after you woke up?" Nessa asked ,sitting up once more and looking into my eyes with her tired ones. I smiled softly and looked at her, nodding my head lightly. "Yes, I did, actually. I'm kind of surprised that I was able to. I'm usually not." I looked at her and smiled. "You scared the hell out of me," she looked at me, laughing softly. I frowned slightly, remembering the terrified look on her face in the moments after she woke me up. I pulled her into a tight hug and sighed quietly, keeping her close to me for a moment before letting her go. "I didn't mean to scare you," I said, but Nessa put up a finger to shush me. "Don't apologize. I'm here for you whenever you need me," she smiled softly, making me smile widely.

I could've kissed her right then and there, but I didn't. I just wasn't used to people caring about me so much right away in a friendship. But, I guess that was just how Vanessa was.

We both got up and walked downstairs, seeing that Josh wasn't in the house anymore. "Where'd Josh go?" Nessa asked Amelia. The strawberry blonde girl looked up from her plate of food and giggled. "He went to hang out with a girl," she smiled, continuing to eat. Nessa and I looked at each other and said, "Belle." We walked into the kitchen and got food for ourselves, sitting at the counter. Amelia had left the kitchen to go get ready for school.

"Hey," I said between bites of my food, looking up at Nessa, "we have a show tonight at the LC. Do you want to come? I can drive you there," I asked her, smiling softly. Nessa grinned happily and nodded, looking at me. "I'd love to!" She smiled. I laughed softly and nod. "Okay. We'll leave around four-ish," I said, smiling at her.

After about another half an hour of being at Josh's, we headed home when Amelia left for school. We got back in my car and drove back to our apartments. We walked down the hall and got to our own apartments, and I started to get ready for my show tonight.