Late Night Movie Marathon

Chapter 6

Tyler Joseph's POV:

    Right after my shift, I walked quickly over to the record store before it closed. Vanessa promised to walk me home. I was very grateful to have someone like her as a friend. I didn't like the dark very much, especially the dark parts of my thoughts. No. Not again. I was going to be better tonight.

    I reached the record store and saw Nessa standing outside the front door with Josh, locking up and closing the gates on the windows. She turned around and her eyes fell on me, a smile appearing on her face. "Hey, Tyler," she said, causing Josh to look up and smile at me. "Hey, Ty. What're you doing here?" He put his keys in his pocket. "Nessa is going to walk me home," I smiled softly. "Do you guys want to come back over to my house for a movie marathon?" Josh asked, looking at Nessa and I. We both looked at each other, nodding simultaneously and looking at Josh. "Sure," we said, and Josh smiled. "Great! If you guys wanna head home first and change you can." And with that, Josh turned around and walked away, leaving Nessa and I alone.

Wasn't the first time.

We started walking back to our apartment, talking about random things. "Some lady tried to tip me with candy corn." I said, causing Nessa to laugh. I loved hearing her laugh, especially when I was the one making her do so. "Really?" She asked, still giggling softly. I nodded and laughed. "I don't even like candy corn," I said, and she looked at me seriously. "You don't like candy corn?" She stopped walking at looked at me. "I can't believe you don't like candy corn!" She laughed.

I smiled sheepishly and looked at her. "I never really cared for it, I suppose," I said, looking at the ground. Nessa nudged me shoulder and looked at me. "Hey. No hard feelings, it's your opinion," she said, smiling at me. I smiled softly and nodded at her. "Come on, let's get home." She took my hand and walked down the street.

~~

After we got back to our apartments, we agreed to meet each other outside the doors after we changed. I walked into mine and stripped out of my work uniform and put on a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. After a few minutes of attempting to look for my converse (they were right by the door), I walked out the door, seeing Nessa leaning against the wall in a plain gray tank top and a pair of maroon leggings. "Nice shirt," she said with a giggle, causing me to look down at what I was wearing. I just grabbed a random shirt and it turns out that I grabbed my blue and purple Mickey Mouse shirt. I laughed softly and blushed a bit, looking up at her. "Is this too embarrassing? Do I need to go change?" I asked.

Nessa shook her head and giggled. "Nope. You look cute. Let's go," she smiled and walked towards the elevators and I blushed even more, following her. Did she really just call me cute? I was falling for her fast, and I had to stop before I face planted into t-...

My thoughts were interrupted when I crashed into Nessa, sending us both to the floor, me landing on top of her. Well this is sufficiently awkward. I looked at her and her face was bright red. I gulped quietly and stood up, helping her stand. "I'm sorry. I was lost in thought..." I mumbled, looking at the worn out black converse on my feet. She giggled and pressed the button.

~~

We got to Josh's house around eleven. I didn't have work tomorrow and neither did Josh and Nessa, so we could stay as late as we wanted. I knocked on his door and I heard footsteps on the other side of the door. It opened, revealing his little sister, Amelia. "Hey, Melia," I smiled at her and she grinned. "Hi, Tyler, and Nessa." She stepped aside. "Come on in," she giggled softly. Nessa and I walked inside. Nessa looked around and smiled. "Your house is so cute." She giggled. Josh walked out of the kitchen with a bowl of popcorn. "Thanks," he said with a genuine smile.

"And you must be Nessa!" I heard the voice of Momma Dun as she came down the stairs. Nessa spun around on her heels and smiled at her. "That's me, ma'am. It's nice to meet you," she held out her hand to Momma Dun, but she just pulled her into a hug. Typical Laura. Nessa laughed and returned the hug. "I forgot to warn you, my mom's a hugger," Josh said, chuckling softly. She smiled and pulled back from the hug. "well, I think it's a warm way to welcome someone," Nessa said with a smile. We slipped off our shoes and sat on the couch and floor. Josh took up the whole couch with a smug grin on his face. "Really, bro?" I said, smacking him on top of the head lightly, causing him to laugh. "It's not my fault I'm tall!"

"Tyler is taller than you, Joshy," Amelia said, causing me and Nessa to laugh softly. "You can sit next to me, Tyler," Nessa offered, moving over a little on the loveseat she was sitting on. Did Josh plan this or something? I smiled softly and nodded, sitting down next to her. Josh started the movie, which happened to be Grease. "This is one of my favorite musicals!" Nessa said excitedly, giggling softly. "I was Rizzo when my high school put it on," she blushed softly and looked back at the screen. Throughout the movie, Nessa and Amelia were repeating the lines of the girls as they were said and singing along to all of the songs. I loved it when she stood on the coffee table and sang "Look At Me, I'm Sandra Dee". I don't think I've laughed so much in my life. Her and Josh also sang "Greased Lightning" together, doing all of the moves from the movie. Some were very... provocative. But I wasn't really complaining when Nessa did them. 'Tyler Robert Joseph get your mind out of the gutter!' I thought to myself, looking down at my hands.

At the end of the movie, the four of us sang "We Go Together". I loved that Laura didn't care that she had four really loud and musical young adults in her house singing songs from Grease at one in the morning. It was a lot of fun. Us signing that song basically meant we were all going to be best friends forever. And nothing was going to stop us.

~

After that movie, we were all really tired. Amelia went up to her room and Josh went into his, Nessa and I sharing the back guest room. There were two twin sized beds on opposite sides of the room, giving us some space, but not enough to make me feel really isolated from her. She sat on her bed and looked up at me, smiling. "I'll be right here if you need me," she said, laying down and pulling the covers over herself. I smiled softly and nodded, laying down on my bed, my eyelids growing heavy.

I felt really safe when Nessa was around. It was as if she chased the bad dreams away.