Chapter 5. Forgive But Never Forget

Start from the beginning

"Because you're the one who has a crush on Clarke", I say and I can tell I caught him off guard.

"W-what. No. I do not. I don't like Clarke, you're crazy Quinn", He says and I roll my eyes.

"I'm not stupid Finn, she should know", I say. And it's true. Clarke should know the truth.

"Alright", he sighs and starts to walk up towards Clarke.

Mission accomplished

I walk up to Wells and sigh, "so it was her mom all along eh", I smile and walk away, knowing I left Wells completely confused in awe.

"Wait. Payton", Wells says running up to me, "how did you... I mean—", "you're a pretty terrible liar Wells",  I say cutting him off.

"Clarke believed me", he says putting his head down.

"When you strongly believe something, you're blind to the possibility that you could be wrong", I say getting his attention, "you don't notice the small hints and clues because you've already set your mind to it."

"She won't trust me again, even if I told her. She wouldn't believe me", he says.

"It's only because she cares about you", I remind him, "she's just hurting Wells, not just because her dad got floated, but because she thinks her best friend betrayed her."

He stays silent and I know he's thinking about it, "Wells, she needs her best friend back", I say.

"How did you even figure this out?", He asks, possibly ignoring what I just said.

"With Finn", I answer, "like five minutes ago."

"He knows?", He asks and I can tell he's not too happy.

"Yeah, he's going to talk to Clarke", I say.

"Thank you"c he says and puts a hand on my shoulder and I smile.

I can tell Wells cares for Clarke, a lot. He let her hate him so she wouldn't hate her own mom. I really wish I had a guy like that, or any guy to be exact. A loud scream echoes through the forest and I stop in my tracks and look around, "what was that?", I ask and Wells shrugs his shoulders.

Clarke starts to walk towards where the scream came from but I stop her. "You need to get this to Jasper as fast as you can", I say pointing to the seaweed.

"You can't be alone", she says.

"I'm not", I say referring to the scream, clearly indicating I'm not alone.

"If you need help, scream", Finn says.

"I can handle myself", I smile and they walk off.

I walk through the forest towards where the scream came from and I see Bellamy, and a guy on the ground. Bellamy turns around, probably surprised it's me standing here and not someone like Finn or Clarke.

"I heard screaming", I say and I walk closer.

"Charlotte found him. I sent her back to camp", he says looking down at the guy on the ground.