Chapter 5. Forgive But Never Forget

I didn't sleep all night, all my thoughts kept me up. I was thinking about the grounders, hoping that everyone back at the drop ship made it somewhere safe while the fog was out, and what kept me awake for most of the time; what is Wells keeping from Clarke.

I know he's hiding something, you'd have to be blind not to see it. All I know is that every time Clarke brings up Wells getting her father executed, he gives a bullshit answer.

"The fog's cleared, come on", Clarke says opening the old car door letting in more light.

Finally, I can get out of this car! I throw my bag out of the car and climb out. I take a breath of fresh air and it calms me down a bit. "Lets go, Jasper's waiting", she says and starts walking away.

I let out a yawn and rub my eyes. "Didn't sleep?", Wells asks and I shake my head.

"Last night was pretty, intense. You and Clarke ever-", "No, not like that", Wells cuts me off.

I don't really know what to say now. "So, help us out", Finn says walking up to Wells and I and I raise an eyebrow, "your best friend tells you something fairly explosive. You seem like the kind of guy to keep it to yourself", he says.

"You don't know me", Wells says to Finn, "neither do you", he says towards me.

"Why'd you do it?", Finn asks.

I know that Finn is curious about Wells too. It's good that I'm not the only one. "I don't know. Why do you care?", He answers clearly annoyed.

"You knew what the rules were on the ark. You had to know her dad would get floated", I point out. Wells doesn't seem to be the type to want to kill.

"I made a choice. If she hates me for the rest of my life, I made the right choice, and that's all you have to know", He says then walks away.

I look over at Finn and I can tell he's not satisfied either. "You know. I don't think it was Wells who turned in Clarke's dad", I say.

"Well who else would it be?", Finn asks and I shrug my shoulders.

That, I don't know. "I'm not sure yet. But it wasn't Wells", I say.

It couldn't have been him. He doesn't seem like the guy to do that honestly. We starts walking again at the back of the group in silence, thinking of a logical explanation, "was it only Wells who knew?", I ask and Finn stops in his tracks causing me to stop and turn to face him, "what?", I ask.

"Her mom", Finn says and it hits me.

"No way. Her own mom, turned in her dad? Her husband?", I ask in disbelief and he nods.

"That's the only other person who knew. She disagreed with him remember", he points out and I nod.

It all makes sense. But then Wells said that he turned in her dad. "But Wells....", I say trailing off. It seems like once we figure one thing out, another problem pops up. "Why would Wells say he did it?", I ask.

"He said that even if she hates him for the rest of his life, it was the right choice", Finn quotes Wells, "I guess it was because he didn't want Clarke to hate her own mom for what she did", he says putting the pieces together.

"W-what do we do?", I ask, "Are you going to tell her?"

"Why me? Why not you?" He asks and I roll my eyes. He's such a child.