Chapter 7 - Mumma Found Everything Hard To Handle

“Sarah where were you?”

“At dad’s!”

Sarah had walked into the house and Ginger had been waiting for her. It was 11 o’clock at night and Sarah had been out later but Ginger was angry and as soon as Sarah saw the expression on her mums face she panicked.

“Mum what did you do?” Sarah asked.

“Nothing”

“You did something! I know you did!”

“I’ve done nothing, what would make you think that, you only saw me at the café” Ginger said with a grin on her face.

“Tell me, what you have done” Sarah said in a soft tone of voice

“Lets just say you not working for anyone anymore”

“What do you mean?”

“I quit for you”

“You did what!”

Sarah looked at her phone and saw 4 missed calls from Joe. This was more then enough to make her die a little inside. Sarah gave a death stare to Ginger and ran up the stairs, slamming the door as she entered. Sarah looked through her contacts and called Joe. She had to get her job back.

“Joe?”

“Hey Sarah, I’d been trying to call you. What’s this about you quiting?”

“I’m not quiting, Ginger is just tying to sabotage me!”

“Well what are you going to do about her?”

“What do you mean?” Sarah asked

“She’s not going to stop until your fired and don’t have a job, so what are you going to do?”

Sarah thought I silence about what Joe just said. It was true, Ginger was never going to stop until she didn’t have a job and she was miserable.

“I’m going to say that I was not allowed to work there again.” Sarah said to Joe with a smile on her face.

“Won’t she find out?”

“No, I just won’t tell her anything, I mean I did it for three years already, how hard could it be?’

“You really don’t think she will come and check?”

“No I’ll make sure she never goes in again”

“How?”

“Leave that to me!”

“Alright then… see you at work tomorrow?”

“Yep see you then!”

Sarah hung up the phone and thought about what she was going to say to Ginger about what just happened. Play is dumb and make it seem like she lost her job, or tell her that she was never allowed to step foot in there again? Sarah wrote down what she was going to say until it sounded real and made sense. She got up off her bed, opened her bedroom door and started pretending to sob.

When Sarah reached the bottom of the stairs Ginger had heard her and walked over to Sarah and gave her hug.

“They said I’m never allowed to walk into the café again!” Sarah sobbed.

“Oh dear, well I will go tell them that it was just rude!” Ginger said smiling.

“They said your not allowed to go back either.”

Ginger stared at Sarah. Sarah sat there hoping Ginger would fall for it and leave it at that.

“Okay, well they can’t stop me from walking in.”

Sarah stop in astonishment at what Ginger had just said.

“So that means I can go back too?” Sarah asked waiting for a response.

“No because you worked for them so its weird.”

“Yeah well they don’t like you and said they would call the police on you if you came.” Sarah yelled in panic.

“What?”

“Don’t go back, it will be weird and they will never let me back in if you go back in!”

Ginger though about it for a second and agreed. Sarah sighed in relief and walked towards the stairs to walk back up to her bedroom before Ginger stopped her.

“Didn’t I tell you that if you worked for someone it would turn out like this?”

Sarah stared strait into Gingers eyes, wanting to yell at her for everything that she had just done, but she knew that if she did then Ginger would know that she knew what had actually happened.

“Yes you did Ginger”

“So no more jobs?”

“No more jobs” Sarah made a fake sigh and started walking up the stairs slowly.

“I’ll take care of everything”

Sarah stopped. “What do you mean you will take care of everything?”

“You’ll see.”

“No ginger they’re my friends so don’t do anything to them!”

“But they just told you they would never let you back in.”

“They could always change their mind!”

“Okay” Ginger said with a grin.

“If you do anything I will leave and go live with dad.”

“And what reasoning would that be?” Ginger said as she started walking away.

“Because I know everything. How you hated me from when I was born, became a massive bitch to dad”

Ginger stopped and turned to look at Sarah.

“You believe your dad?”

“I believe him more then I ever believed you!”

Sarah ran up the stairs into her bedroom hoping that Ginger wouldn’t follow. Ginger sat at the kitchen table and thought about what Sarah had just said, wishing she didn’t have to think about her past.