Hospital (RE-VAMPED)

When I come to, fluorescent lights sting my eyelids and stain my vision yellow and red. I struggle to peel my eyelids open, almost as if my body is fighting my brain.

I let my head fall to the side, hospital room. It smells like one too. I look down at my right arm to see an IV protruding from it. Man, they really have me doped up, I feel like I'm on cloud nine.

 Man, they really have me doped up, I feel like I'm on cloud nine

"Oh, goodness. Hello Miss (L/n), glad to see you're awake!" The chirpy voice of an elderly nurse echoes in the silence of the room I'm in, she stands at the room's door adjacent to the bed, "I'll check on your pain medication and then go tell your boyfriend the good news!" The nurse doesn't give me time to ask any questions before she saunters out of the room, shutting the door behind her with less grace than one would expect from a nurse.

Boyfriend? But I don't have a boyfriend. Is what I WANTED to say before I was rudely slam-doored on. But enough worrying about that, what the hell was that dream?

I'm still trying to decipher what actually happened. The dream felt so real, the pain from the blast, the smells, sights and sounds. How could that all have been a dream?

I nag at the thought for the longest time before I hear the door creak open. Turning my head to the side, I notice a terrifyingly tall man wearing a white, puff shouldered dress suit that flared out at the bottom. His hair resembling that of a bowl cut... A unique one at that, but the thing that I notice the most are his aqua blue eyes.

I know who you are, I think to myself as the man shuts the door behind him. "Are you alright?" He asks me, simple enough.

"Hm, after getting obliterated by your simulator, Mr. Kaiba? You tell me." Wow, didn't know this medication had a 'ruthless bitch' side-effect. "S-sorry, I'm just-"

"In pain? Yeah, I figured. Listen, I'm just going to tell you why I'm here."

"Yeah? And tell me why you said you're my boyfriend. I have a feeling it was you since you're the first person to show." I fold my arms over my chest, trying to have a little bit of poise in my vulnerable state.

"First of all, the doctors and nurses wouldn't have let me see you like this otherwise. I need to talk to you about... Legal matters, you know?" Kaiba answers, this prompts a very deserved eye roll.

"I haven't even been awake a solid 24 hours and you want to talk about legalities?" I heave out a sigh, "Alright, throw it at me. I can take it." I slump into the puffy pillows that I could sleep in forever. That sounds like an amazing alternative to this encounter.

"That was my simulator, and of course, as a beta tester you knew the risks of trying it out. But- nothing as catastrophic as that could've ever been precedented, which is why I took it upon myself to pay for all of your medical bills." Kaiba explains and my eyes widen like saucers.

"You- can't do that!" I huff out, of course I'm just trying to seem humble. Money really is no object to this man. "I can and I will. Have a good day- um..."

"(Y/n), (Y/n) (L/n)."

"(Y/n)... Suits you." Kaiba makes an about-face and exits the room, shutting the door softly behind him.

Not even a few moments later, the nurse who first saw me awaken opens the door, "Hello Miss (L/n)! I have your pain medication. This is percocet so you'll be out like a light after taking these." The nurse hands me a plastic Dixie cup with two pink pills inside. I take them, albeit reluctantly before the drowsiness kicks in.

Might as well catch some Z's, I think to myself as I drift off into a world of sleep.

To my annoyance, the bed doesn't feel as soft so I rouse.

No, this can't be happening. I'm back in the Temple. But how?