Chapter 5.

*just a quick little reminder that Vincent is NOT related to the Vasquez family by blood. his father was José's best friend/boxing partner and their families are very close which is why he calls José his uncle, but Vincent Sr. (Vinny's Dad) died a few years back.

Peyton's POV.

"Ayyyye, say it's lit for the snap Dad." I say with the camera to his back and he puts some finishing touches on tonight's dinner.

" I say with the camera to his back and he puts some finishing touches on tonight's dinner

He turns around and surprises me with a high energy reply. "What's up what's up, it's your boy Chef BoyarVasquez in the motherfucking kitchen just whipping up something slight for the fam. Pey show 'em what we got." He says just as the video ends and I giggle posting it to my story.

"Why did you get my name tattooed and not Phillip's?" I admire all his tattoos and realize that only my name is there.

"To be honest, I love you both equally but he and I didn't have the strong bond from the very beginning that you and I did. I wasn't even at the hospital when Phil was born." He puts the spoon he's stirring with down and goes into the cabinet to get some more seasoning. "I was always working to ensure that I would always have something to fall back on if boxing didn't work out for me. When you came around though I had a bit more of a hold on life. I spent more time with you than your damn momma did and that's saying a lot considering I don't have the milk in my titties." He runs his fingers through my hair and pats my cheek. "Go tell everybody that the food is done."

I smile to myself and jog up the stairs, skipping a few steps. I love my Papa. Turning the corner of the hallway, I step into my parents room to tell my mom the food is ready.

"She needs to stop girl, I saw her at the baby shower last weekend and she was just looking pitiful. You know that man treating her bad, she just looks bad. I almost gave her my hair stylist's number but I thought that'd be rude." My mom gossips through the phone. This lady always talking shit I swear 😂.

"Ma, stop talking trash and come eat." I peak my head in and turn right back around.

"What I do with my unlimited minutes is my business little boy! Friend, ima call you back José cooked. Girl yes, pray for me. He probably put some extra lean protein tofu vegan bullshit in my food, I'm gone end up looking like Hulk Hogan." I bust out laughing at my mom's remark as I make my way over to Phil's room.

"You already know what I can do to you girl, you don't want another repeat of last week. You was shaking so damn much I thought I had truly killed the pussy."