Chapter 3: Heaven Sent

"I wanna be the one who you 

believe in your heart is sent from

sent from Heaven" 

Sanai Green.

The next morning I awoke feeling refreshed. Although Java completely pissed me off last night, I decided not to dwell on it too much. I'm pretty sure she would be on her best behavior today considering the fact that she had to stay in the house last night.

Since it was 5:00 in the morning, and I was the only one up I took my time taking care of my hygiene routine. It was very rare that I had enough time to myself in the shower so I was milking every little bit of it. After carefully washing away yesterday's filth, and relaxing under the steady stream of the water, I finally decided to get out.

After I was done showering I threw on my robe. On a whim, I decided to make everyone breakfast since I had a little time to kill. Opening the refrigerator, I took eggs, bacon, milk, and orange juice. I then walked over to the cabinet, grabbed the pancake mix, and got to work.

I was halfway done with making the pancakes and bacon when Ace strolled into the kitchen. He was shirtless with one hand tucked into his boxers, while the other scratched at his head.

"Good morning sis," he mumbled while kissing my cheek.

I turned up my nose and lightly pushed him away. "Go brush your teeth Ace."

A grin broke out across his face as he fell into a fit of laughter. I responded with a straight face, not finding anything funny. His morning breath was downright repulsive.

"Aight, aight," he held his hands up in surrender. "I'm going." Before he left out the kitchen he grabbed a piece of bacon I'd sat out on a plate.

"Get out!" I growled playfully. He sent me one last goofy smile before walking back out of the kitchen.

Once I'd finished preparing breakfast I rushed to my room to throw on my work uniform.

"Java! King!" I yelled coming out of my room, putting on my earrings.

I walked down the hall to Java's room and knocked on the door. Of course she didn't answer so I opened the door and walked inside.

"Java get up," I lightly shook her. "And get King up too."

"Five more minutes," she mumbled refusing to lift her head out of the pillow.

"Fine, you want five minutes you got it but I'm going to wake King up and he'll get the shower first." I turned around to leave the room.

Almost instantly Java shot up out the bed.

"I'm up!" she climbed out the bed and rushed past me to the bathroom. On her way down the hall she banged on King's bedroom door to wake him up. As she disappeared into the bathroom, I stopped by King's room.

"I made breakfast for everyone," I told him. "There's eggs, bacon, pancakes, and orange juice."

"Thanks Sa," he mumbled as he sat on the edge of the bed with his head between his hands.

"I gotta get to work early this morning so make sure you fix yourself and Java a plate. I also have class tonight so I won't be home until late so can you cook something?"

"Mhm," he mumbled still in the same position. I lightly pushed him causing his body to shift a little. "What's up with you? Stay out too late last night?" I smirked knowingly.