Although I had turned eighteen months ago and my nineteenth birthday was just around the corner, I knew with my record it had been hard for the state to allow me out of custody. I guess I would have to wait.

Picking up the documents and waving to the receptionist, I dropped my room key on the counter and made my way to the automatic doors, marking my leave out of the hospital to the real world, hopefully for the last time.

Feeling the warm air on my face was pleasant and the smell of moisture in the air was everything I could ask for. The tall evergreens swayed to the small breeze and the sound of a pool could be heard nearby. Ben loved to swim. Oh how he would've loved to feel the cool water against his sun kissed skin one more time.

Feeling for my phone, I struggled to find a number to call a taxi or maybe an uber and maybe a map to find the address of my temporary home. Shit I didn't have money though.

"Looking for something?"

The voice was so spiteful yet with an undertone of sarcasm, man did I miss hearing it everyday.

"Mikey."

"Connor."

The smaller boy ran into my arms, his curly brown hair now with an essence of blond tips. It suites the boy well.

"Oh how I've missed you Connor."

I felt my heart swell as his arms wrapped tighter around my torso. He was returned the feeling in the embrace I gave him.

"Mikey..I'm.. I'm so sorry."

Tears were leaving my eyes but my pride had all but remained.

His own sniffles could be heard deep within the fabric of my sweatshirt and I continued to hold him tight.

"Don't Connor." He looked up to me and I regretted my words. "It's not your fault, Ben isn't your fault. I know that now. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize that." I disagreed with him but took the crying boy in for another hug. Not once did I remember the feeling of having a brother since the night with Ben on the roof but now I was feeling that love. I couldn't let go of that feeling ever. Not just for me but for Ben too.

It took us forever to let go but once we did I saw Alexis standing behind him with another woman behind her.

I immediately embraced Alexis and we shared a similar, not as emotional, but nonetheless an encounter full of love and forgiveness.

Mikey and Alexis would always be my siblings. As would Ben as we would always continue to remember him.

The woman standing with a look of awe behind Alexis introduced herself as Jenna and I felt fascinated not only by her oddly well colored blond hair but also by the fact she was Colleen's sister yet she showed no signs of being mentally insane. In fact, she seemed really.. Nice. I liked her.

As we walked to her car, she did seem sad and I assured her everything was going to be alright. After she told Mikey and Alexis to wait in the car, she thanked me but instead told me the truth.

"My sister had always been a little out of sorts. I knew her the best out of anyone. She was extremely depressed and looked for any sort of human that would give her attention. You see, she was a great actress and her success in school plays, academic and social success was enough to make everyone love her." She looked down in sadness but continued, "I didn't receive merely as much attention as she did but I never had a problem with it." She opened the trunk and helped me put my things in the back as she continued talking.

"But she was obsessed with attention. It was the bane of her existence and she would do anything to have it. So when your father asked her to help with his plan, she agreed as he was going to repay her in..well..sexual acts."

I cringed and felt nauseous thinking of the possibility but nodded in understanding.

"I'm sorry. I know Colleen and you must've been really close." She scoffed.

"We were but I think jail time might be just what she needs."

She smiled at me trying to make light of the situation and walked around to the front seat. I followed and found Mikey had left the front seat to me. I shot him a smile of thanks. He simply rolled his eyes.

Starting the car and revving the engine, Jenna smiled at all of us.

"I think we'll all get alone just fine."