"I'm sorry, Masters. I couldn't bring her back. I tried. She's lost and I couldn't- I- I-" for once Anakin couldn't confidently find the words he was looking for to describe the horror he faced on Mustafar. It was worse than any dream he could've ever had. And he still felt a coldness every time he thought of her body laying there just above the lava, the left side of her body practically gone.

"Anakin, this isn't your fault." Obi-Wan shut down Anakin's thought process, "All of us didn't do the things we should have."

"What is the next step?" Anakin asked, eager to move on in his life. The pain he felt was still there, he wanted so badly to go to a time less painful than this one.

"Safe, the children must be kept." Yoda began.

"They must be taken where the Sith cannot sense their presence." Obi-Wan added on.

"You aren't suggesting to split them up are you?" Anakin interjected. He can't lose anymore family.

"Split up, they should be." Yoda said.

"My wife and I can take the girl, we've always talked of adopting a baby girl." Senator Organa suggested.

"No, no. They're my children! They need me!" Anakin yelled, feeling his future slip away into loneliness.

"Anakin, the Empire will be too strong for you to fend off. The Emperor will know your alive. He'll never stop searching for you." Obi-Wan explained, "Do you want him to find your children too?"

"No. No, of course not." Anakin muttered. He always had to do the right thing.

"She will always be your child." Bail told him, "Your welcome to come see her at any time you wish."

"Her name is Leia. You can say her name." Anakin said, protective of his baby girl. He imagined her grown up now. She would grow up to be strong like her parents. He imagined her taking a sweet side from him, and the defiant side from her mother.

"What about the boy?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Back to Tatooine, to his family, send him." Yoda demanded.

"No, no way. No child should ever grow up on Tatooine." Anakin said, remembering his time there.

"Anakin, your brother will take good care of-"

"They are not my family. He is not my brother. Tatooine is a horrible place for a child." Anakin insisted.

"Who else would he go with?" Obi-Wan argued.

"Me! I could raise him, I could raise the both of them." Anakin argued back, he wanted his children.

"But you can't. If the circumstances were different, Anakin, you could." Obi-Wan said, "If you'd trust me, I'll go with the girl to Alderaan. You can go with the boy to Tatooine. We can watch over the children as protectors."

"Isn't this ridiculous? Sending the children to our home worlds?" Anakin said, he didn't want to go back to Tatooine.

"It would be. But it will also be the one place the Empire won't be looking. The Emperor will know how much you hated Tatooine, and how much (Y/N) wants to rid herself of her old self and that identity lies on Alderaan. Senator Organa will not announce the girls name, until they decide that they chose it weeks later." Obi-Wan said.

"But her name has to be Leia." Anakin told the Senator, "Please keep her safe. She's my baby girl."

"She will be loved." Senator Organa assured him and left the room.

Anakin didn't like the plan, more he hated it. But if this was the closest he could get, he would take it. Anakin hung his head and leaned against the wall, he fought back every threat of a tear.

"They will both be loved." Obi-Wan assured him.

"Why did she do this?" Anakin asked Obi-Wan, "We could've been safe. Why didn't she believe me? All I ever wanted to do was keep her safe."

"Anakin, the Chancellor has been messing with her brain for years. Palpatine has probably had this plan for decades. He knew everything, and if it wasn't her it would've been you. Nobody could've prevented this." Obi-Wan told him. As much as it hurt, it did make Anakin feel better about not being able to prevent it.

"I wish it was me. I wish it was me there instead of her. She can't handle the pain she'll feel." Anakin said, "I don't want her to."

"If it was, I'm sure (Y/N) would be saying the exact same thing." Obi-Wan said. Anakin responded by wrapping his arms around his Master.

The two embraced in a sorrow filled hug. The failures the both of them felt. The two of them were Jedi, war heroes of a lost war that nobody won. Everyone in the galaxy had lost their mind.

"I'm sorry for everything." Anakin said.

"I think that this was the reason you were born, Anakin. Your time to save the Galaxy will come. The Force knows when, and how. Allow it to guide you." Obi-Wan said.

"Thank you, Master." Anakin nodded his head "Let me say good bye to my daughter." Anakin said, going to the door.

"I'll see you again, old friend. When there will be a new hope restored to this Galaxy." Obi-Wan nodded his head.

"I'll see you again." Anakin nodded. Then went to his borrowed ship to find his make shift cradle turned into glass cribs.

He finds his daughter, and holds her one last time: "I'm sorry, I couldn't save your Mommy. But I hope what I'm doing now will save you. The Organa's are good people, you'll like them. I love you." He says slowly, then placing her back in her crib as the Senator approaches.

"Thank you, son. I have another ship you and the boy can take to Tatooine." The Senator said.

"His name is Luke." Anakin muttered, "Thank you, I'm sorry to have roped you into this mess."

And with that Anakin took his son. He remembered when him and his wife were betting on the gender of their baby. (Y/N) sensed the boy. Anakin knew that the boy would grow up to be so strong, and attuned. He smiled down at him as he boarded a ship with him. The small boy kicked and giggled happily in his fathers arms. He would do anything for the boy to be safe.

Anakin did as he was told. Anakin was always a good soldier, he did what he had to do. He arrived on Tatooine. The wretched desert planet looked the same as the last time he was here.

He contacted his step-brother. Him and his girlfriend had finally wed. He arrived to their family home that night. Anakin held onto his son as he approached it again. He heard faint senses of Sand People screams as he did, remembering his once lost self.

"Your mother was always good here, so you will too." Anakin told his son, "You'll be great, and strong. And one day I'll be back with you. I'll always be here for you, Luke."

Then Anakin was spotted by Luke's aunt Beru. She ran up to him, and looked down at the sweet youngling. She smiled as Anakin begrudgingly handed him to her.

"I'll be around if you need anything. Thank you." Anakin told her. She nodded then turned away, running to her husband.

Anakin stood there for a moment, he wished that was his family there, staring at the sunset child in arms. But that day wouldn't come. His purpose could never be that, this next part of his life would not be the family man.

Instead he would always be a man fighting to get his family back.