23.

Transport ships were flying in above us, carrying troops of men with Master Yoda. They come out in droves of blasts, destroying the droids around us.

The chaos began again, but this time we had a chance. One by one we were boarded onto the transport ships. Anakin helped me up into one, and Obi-Wan slid in next to us.

Our ships all retreated the arena away from the droids attempting to shoot us down. Then began our aerial battle. This being the first action packed mission I've had in years, possibly ever to this extent, I began to breathe deeply. This was all so much to take in.

So many lives were lost, not just on our side but both as I watch the separatist starships being destroyed. But soon I reminded myself of what they did to us, to my friends. What they planned to do to disrupt the peace we've maintained for centuries, it angered me. These were things that we had to do.

Anakin noticed my unsettlement. He put his hand on my back to hold me steady, every time the ship shook from blasts or turbulence he would hold onto the back of my shirt to keep me steady and comfort me in a way that concealed it from Obi-Wan.

"We'll make this right." He whispered to me, close to my ear. It was hard to hear over the blasts but I knew what he said. I nodded in agreement. It was his destiny to do so at the very least.

"Look!" Obi-Wan said, pointing to a speeder with two protective guards on either side of him, "That's Dooku."

I saw the slime ball making his way out.

"Trooper, go after that speeder!" Obi-Wan ordered, the Trooper obeyed.

"Fire at them!" Anakin urged,

"We're out of missiles, Sir." The Trooper said, excellent. Now we're gunna have to go after him personally.

"We're going to need some help if we're going after him!" I mentioned, thinking of how something like this could go.

"No, we need everyone we can on the front lines against the droid army. Us three can take him." Obi-Wan assured me. I nodded, preparing myself to fight. As much as the activity of war made me anxious, I really craved the action of fighting - or beating someone in a duel. I knew we could take him down if we do this right.

Then the two protecting Dooku slowed and got behind our ship. This can't be good. They began firing, our ship shook violently, troopers began firing off the sides. The trooper next to me was hit, he flew back into me, knocking me out of Anakin's grasp and to the ground along with another trooper and a separatist speeder.

"(Y/N)!" I heard Anakin yell as I fell onto the sand.

I rolled along the sand, pushing hot sand into my wounds. The sand seeped past the holes in my shirt. I screamed in pain. Now of all times I understood Anakin's distaste for the pest. The trooper I was with ran to me, helped me up.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. I lifted myself onto my elbows to look at him. "I'm sorry for bringing you down with me."

"You didn't mean to..." I say.

"I will help you up." He says, offering his hand to me.

"Are you injured at all?" I ask him.

"My armor has protected me, today." He says. "I was pushed back by a blast shaking the ship.

"Well it's good you're unharmed because we'll have to go after them. They need me." I told him, "Looks like that is too messed up to ride, though." I said, pointing to the guards smashed vehicle.

"I shall request reinforcements to help us with transportation." He activates his comlink.

"Commander Rex." The other troopers hologram salutes him.

"Trooper, I need men out here for Jedi (Y/L/N) and I. We are in need of transportation and reinforcements on tracking Count Dooku." The Trooper, who I assume now is known as Rex commands.

"We'll have two men on their way to help, but they can't stay. We're out numbered with too many droids, starships, and weapons out here. You have three Jedi, Rex. We need all the help we can get here. Send your coordinates now." Then the transmission ends.

"Thank you." I say, my voice weak as I begin to pick sand out of my scabs. Can't wait for these scars. "You're Commander Rex?" I ask.

"At your service." He says.

"Where are you from?" I ask, Anakin and I have been out of the Jedi Temple and out of Politics for the last few weeks, it seems we've missed so much. I don't remember the Republic ever owning an army, our senate wouldn't allow that.

"Kamino, all of us clones are." He says, standing tall waiting for the help to arrive.

"Clones?" I ask to make sure I heard correct. He doesn't answer right away, "Excuse my lack of knowledge, I've been on a mission for the last two weeks away from the temple, I'm afraid I've missed a lot."

"It's alright." He says, taking his helmet off to reveal himself to look just like the bounty hunter, Jango Fett. But instead he has short blonde hair. "All of us are clones, our soul purpose to fight for the Republic and The Jedi in this time of war. It's in our blood." He said proudly.

"I see." I say, trying not to be taken aback by the idea that the Republic has a clone army. "Thank you, Rex. I'm really glad to have met you." I say, hearing a ship in the distance.

"As am I. Now lets go get your friends." He says. I nod as the new ship quickly approach us.

When they come, I make sure I have my lightsaber. And I am helped onto the ship by another trooper as Rex explains the situation of the other ship.

"Are you sure you'll be able to fight?" Rex asks as we head off in the way our ship went.

"I'm afraid we'll just have to find out." I shrug. My back and left bicep aching, it was covered in long scratches and now sand too. I had to focus on what's ahead. It's minor, just has quite a sting to it.

"There!" I point out our former transport ship on a landing platform. Relieved to have found them.

Suddenly I started to feel ill. Like something was wrong. My fingers felt cold, too.

"Are you alright?" Rex asked me, but I didn't answer him. I could only weakly nod as I gripped my lightsaber tighter.

Anakin. Something was wrong with him. I could feel it as my heart dropped into my stomach. It had to be. I could feel him in pain. He needed help, I needed to help him.

I jumped of the ship before it landed.

"Wait!" Rex called after me. But I ran in anyways. I couldn't be too late for all the fun.

"Stay out here! I'll handle this!" I shouted back, "Come in only if something horrible is happening!"

"How will I know?" He asks,

"You'll know!" I shout back, not having time to give descriptive orders. All I knew was that my friends were in trouble.

I ran in just in time to see a horrid image. The image I saw was Obi-Wan on the floor in pain, and Anakin dueling with Dooku. The blue blade that fit him on his side, until Dooku took the upper hand to slice off the arm with it completely.

He screamed in pain as Dooku flew the boy I cared about so deeply back to his Master.