Slowly they felt the jarring motion of the mine. (Y/N) took no mind to it though, she charged at Anakin, reengaging their sabers together. Both of their passion surging through them. Even now at the end, they felt the pull on their strings from their puppet Masters.

They worked their way out onto the balcony, the one where (Y/N) once let tears fall for her lost mind. But now the mind is so far lost she doesn't even feel it anymore. All she feels is the dark air being ingested in her lungs to create the fire she exhaled.

Anakin cut down the hand rail by accident, only making the battle elevate in thrill. Anakin was using his defense as an advantage, he wanted to make her tired and exhausted. This would work in his favor, because the ultimate emotional rollercoaster (Y/N) was stuck on didn't allow her to notice this. She assumed Anakin was getting tired, because she knew his most common form is to use all his might to cut down his opponent.

They stood for a moment against one another, until the balcony came down and they were forced to take a moment for themselves.

Anakin found himself dropping for the moment, he found a series of wire and debris that he used to swing to and jump to the shore. Anakin was extremely good at this use of force jump, that he displayed back on their adventure through the weapon factory on Geonosis, and has only gotten better from there.

(Y/N) on the other hand, held onto the side of the building with one hand, the other holding her saber. She never found the force jump something she needed to practice. So she dangled above the boiling lava, trying to strategize like a rabid puppy. She was afraid. She scaled the side of the falling building that was losing altitude quickly and found the same wires that Anakin had so quickly used. She grabbed onto one and carefully and slowly used them to try to get to the same spot on the shore Anakin has landed.

"You won't be able to make the jump!" Anakin warned his wife. He knew she never practiced this ability to jump farther.

"Don't tell me I can't do something!" She yelled back holding on for dear life, "I can do it!"

"Don't try it!" He told her.

You'd like that wouldn't you.. She thought in disgust, You'd like me to die here instead of at your hand. But you don't control my actions or feelings anymore.

She swung there, momentarily debating her fear over ambition. Unfortunately she didn't ever get the choice for herself as the wire she clung to was attached to a bridge that began its descent. The bridge swung down and towards the shore. It gave her a boost to make her jump as she swung down, but Anakin was ready as she glided above him he cut down her lower left leg and left arm.

She screamed in pain as she rolled away from him and the lava through the dirt and ash that covered the planets ground. She had never felt a pain as bad as this one. Not when she was giving birth, or when she was shot, or even on Geonosis. What was left of her body ached, and her limbs screeched in agony of their lost friends. Her heart gave out, it began rotting as the one person she gave everything for betrayed her. It was the last straw. Everyone in her life had left her.

Anakin came above her as she screeched. He had won this battle. But he didn't feel victory, he didn't even feel the slightest pride. He felt even more pain then when he came.

"You knew I would have to do this." Anakin fought through his pain to say, "I never wanted it to end this way! But I have to destroy the darkness!" He yelled now, the struggle against his prophesied destiny consuming him.

He couldn't kill her, he watched as she rolled in agony. The ash was attaching itself to her scratches and open wounds, only causing the pain to grow. He felt the instinct to help her, but it was useless. You can only help people if they want to accept it.

"I hate you!" The girl screamed, the darkness possessing and penetrating her soul enough to handle the pain for a short period.

"You are the only one I've ever loved." He told her, "I love you."

And that was the last thing (Y/N) could hear before the darkness failed her consciousness. She felt the darkness consume her eyes as she passed out from complete exhaustion.

Anakin stood there for only a moment. He could kill her. He could kill her and nobody would blame him. But he couldn't. He couldn't be the hand that killed her. Her wounds would be fatal, her flaws in her battle against him would show herself no longer useful to the Chancellor. He convinced himself best if he left.

The Chosen One picked up her saber. The saber she had used against thousands of enemies and created to fit perfectly into her beautiful hands. He closed his eyes as he held this object and saw the light return to her eyes in his head.

But that was the only way he would ever see this light return. He felt his heart stretch as he left the site of the murder of all their dreams.