CHAPTER 6

I raced out of bed and went through my morning routine at record time. Something about being intimate with the person you love puts you on top of the world. I ran down the stairs and ate my breakfast in lightning speed. 

"Slow, down there, Kiddo. What did you two do yesterday? I'm assuming something responsible..."

I grabbed the broom out of dad's hands and started to twirl around with it. "Oh dad, it was magical. He was gentle and strong and made me feel... feel good about myself. No one's really ever made me feel, like that. In a long time."

Dad took a sip of his coffee and straightened his hat. "Just making sure."

Suddenly, the most wonderful sound filled my ears. The school bus. 

"Oh, and Kurt?" Dad said. "Keep an eye on this one."

I nodded and gave dad a hug. Then I grabbed my bag and ran out the door and onto the bus. I had no idea what was going to happen next. 

The bus doors closed and I shuffled my way past the seats. Like Friday, Blaine was sitting near the back, with his headphones on. I tapped him on the shoulder and he took his feet off the chair in front him. He scooted over and let me sit next to him. He paused the rock song blasting into his ears and took off his headphones. I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Blaine blushed and put his arm around my shoulder. In that moment I truly felt that he didn't care about what other people thought of us. I rested my head on him and we stayed that way peacefully for about 10 seconds. 

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" Puck, who was on the football team, asked. 

I sat up and Blaine took his arm off of me. 

"Looks like Blaine finally got a girlfriend!" I slumped down in my seat. "I truly thought Lady Hummel was lesbian! But it turns out she likes guys!"

"Do we have a problem here?" Blaine asked, standing up in his seat. 

"SIT DOWN KIDS!" The bus driver yelled. 

Blaine took a seat on the left side of me and Puck squished a little Freshman into the window. Finn, the quarterback turned around and saw what was happening. "Hey man, not today. Come on, dude. Leave the kid alone."

Puck raised his eyebrows at Finn. "Leave the kid alone? Leave the kid alone? I think Mr. tough stuff here can take care of him self. After all, he's the biggest, scariest, gay-est, man of them all! But maybe, he's just the gay-est."

Blaine took off his jacket and handed it to me. "I thought we were cool, Puckerman. Isn't this the 21st century?"

Puck shook his head. "We were cool until you decided to make a laughing stock of every bad-ass in this school. 

"LANGUAGE!" Yelled the bus driver. 

"No I'm pretty sure it was you who made a laughing stock the second you had something against me and my boyfriend. So back. off."

Finn looked nervously at Puck, and I looked nervously at Blaine. I just hoped nothing got physical. If we were here, if we were just at the school already. 

"Uuuh!" Blaine said as he flew back into me. 

Puck's eyes widened and he looked down at his fist in horror. "What the heck, man?" Finn said and grabbed Puck's arm. Finn took Puck back to their seats. 

Blaine turned around and looked at me. "Oh, Blaine." I said. 

His nose was bleeding and his eyes started watering. The bus stopped and everyone filed off for class. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and hurried him off to the bathroom. The bathroom were empty except for us, and I wet some paper towels for Blaine to hold up to his nose. 

"Oh, my god," I mumbled, panicking. "Do you need to go to the nurse?" I asked. 

Blaine shook his head. "Then I'd truly be a laughing stock."

"Blaine, you can't worry about your image now! You're bleeding all over the place!"

He shook his head again. "Just gimme more paper towels."

The bathroom door flew open and Finn ran inside. "Blaine, I'm, I'm... I'm so sorry man I should've prevented that. Dude, I'm sorr-"

"It's okay," Blaine said, "it's not your fault."

"Is there anything I can do?" Finn said, pacing around the bathroom. 

Blaine put a new paper towel on his nose. "You're fine, man. Just make sure Puck doesn't get into too much trouble."

Finn nodded and patted Blaine on the back. "You're one lucky guy." He told me, and left. 

Then Blaine started to cry. "Kurt I'm so sorry, it's not your fault."

I handed him another paper towel. "But it is! I shouldn't have forced you to change your image to be with me. I was selfish. And now, now look what happened."

Blaine took the paper towel off his nose. Most of the bleeding had stopped. "Kurt." He said, and gave me a passionate kiss. "Last night... it was the best night of my life. And I, I don't ever want you to feel like anything that happens to me is your fault. Becuase, well becuase we're going to do this, and there are going to be a lot of bumps in the road. You just have to remember that, that I love you."

I nodded and bit my lip. "I love you too." We had another kiss and then I put one last paper towel on his nose. 

"You're going to be late for first period," he said. 

I smiled. "I know."

Blaine's upper-left lip was bruised and his nostrils were outlined in dried blood, but he took my hand and we walked down the hall like nothing could touch us. Some people stared, and some snickered. This one guy, Dave made kissy noises but I was pretty sure he was gay as well. 

We swung our hands as we walked the halls to my first period, which was english. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked back to his first class. I didn't really pay attention my first three classes, becuase I literally don't have any classes with Blaine. But when lunch came around I was excited to see him. 

We sat at a table with Santana and her friend Brittany, and also a kid from my Pre-Calc class Josie joined us. We ate and laughed and didn't even care what people thought of us. It was the best feeling in the world. 

Blaine and I held hands underneath the table as we listened to the girls' crazy stories from being on the Cheerios. Blaine rested his head on my shoulder and I placed mine on top of him. 

Thank god he didn't just want me shirtless.