CHAPTER 2

The door closed behind me and I shook in the cold fall weather. "Did it get colder out here? Or is it just me?" I asked.

Blaine walked over to his motorcycle and I followed. "Just you." He put the helmet on his head and took off his jacket. "Here. But I want it back as soon as we reach your place."

He handed it to me, and I slid my arms into it. The jacket was warm from his body, and wearing it made me feel like he was a part of me.

I put my helmet on and hopped onto the back of the motorcycle. Blaine didn't seem cold in the tight t-shirt he was wearing. His arms bulged out of his shirt like muscular tree trunks. I slid my arms around him again, but this time I could tell that I wasn't the only one who thought of the action as romantic. He started the bike and drove out of the parking lot.

Once we reached the road, I scooted up towards him so our bodies were touching. He didn't try to push me off like on the ride here. I yawned and let his shirt flap against me in the wind. Without even thinking, I rested my head on his shoulder. He didn't move.

We stayed like that the whole way in silence. When I noticed that we were about to pull into my neighborhood, I picked my head up. "Hey, can we just drive around a little longer?"

Blaine didn't answer, but I knew he heard me. He veered out of the turn lane and continued down the road. I rested my head back on his shoulder.

After about 10 minutes of extra driving, he turned onto my street and pulled up at my house. He parked and I hopped off. We took our helmets off and he walked with me to the door.

"Thank you." I said, and put my hand on the doorknob.

His hand darted to mine, "Wait!" He whispered.

I turned and looked at him, and before I could reply, I felt his lips on mine. He was soft, warm, and gentle. His lip piercing tickling me. Nothing like I'd seen him do to some of the boys in school. The kiss wasn't too long, but it was definitely not short.

We stood there for a second, but Blaine ran off, slammed the helmet back on his head and drove off. Then I realized something. I was still wearing his jacket.

I opened the door and slowly stepped inside. A light turned on upstairs and dad walked down. "How'd it go?" He said sleepily.

I smiled, ran halfway up the stairs to meet him and gave him a big hug. "Ouch! Hey! What's with the love?"

I let go of dad and chuckled. "Sorry."

Dad lifted my arm and felt Blaine's jacket jacket. "Is this his?" He asked.

"Yes," I peeped out.

Dad gave me another hug. "So it did go well! Come up! Tell me every detail."

"You know what, dad? I'd rather just go to bed. I'm really tired."

"It's not even 10:00!" He said, then changed his tone. "Sure, Kurt. Don't stay up on your phone for too long."

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and walked downstairs to my bedroom. Phone. Crap! I forgot to ask for his number!

I put my hands in the pockets of Blaine's jacket and flopped down on my bed. I pulled out some crumpled pieces of paper from a pocket and sat up to examine them. One was a wrapper covering a chewed up piece of gum. Gross. And the other... wait a second... it was a phone number! I pulled my phone out from my back pocket and punched in the numbers to call.

It went to voicemail. "Yo! You've reached Blaine. Probably drunk or about to be, so chat later!" I decided to send him a message.

"Hey Blaine, it's Kurt. I didn't know if you wanted your jacket back or anything, so... yeah. See you at school!"