CHAPTER 4

Dad wouldn't let me drive the car to the party, so I had to call up Blaine and have him pick me up. We met up at a gas station near my house and shared a quick kiss.

"You look sick, Hummel!" He said, eyeing my outfit. 

"I thought it was time for a change."

"Well I think you look super cute with your fancy hair and your little jeans."

I laughed and I think blushed a little. 

"Now if I get super drunk, you're gonna have to drive me to your house and let me crash there. 'Cause my parents would kill me if they knew I even smelled alcohol. But they would also kill me if I got my ears pierced, or if I had sex before I was married, or had sex with a boy, but look at me now, dad!"

I nodded. "If you get drunk I will drive you to my house and try to convince my dad to let you sleepover."

And with that, we drove off to the party. He made us park a block away and told me to follow him after 20 seconds so people wouldn't think we came together. I told him I don't think people would care, but he insisted. I had to respect his needs.

"18, 19, 20."

I squinted into the night and followed Blaine to James's gate. His house was huge! There were probably 100 people at the party. But Blaine told me the party doesn't start 'till he arrives. I debated trying to find Blaine or not, but I decided on trying to find a friend from AP Spanish. Her name was Santana, and she's a freshman but her family all speaks Spanish so she's in a senior level class. She's a super big party animal so I was sure she'd be here.

"Kurt Hummel. Well I'll be darned! Never in a million years would I think so find you here wearing the world's tightest ripped jeans. ¿Porque?"

"Hey Santana. Nice to see you too."

"Oh I'm sorry!" She said, then shook my hand formally. "Hello, dearest friend. What a pleasure to see you here!"

"Always a pleasure." I said, and made my way to the drinks. I don't think she was the right person so fangirl over guys with. 

Knowing Blaine, odds are he's going to have some kind of drink, and I really didn't plan on intoxicating my body tonight. I decided to have some sparkling lemonade instead and just hang out by the pool in case Blaine came by.

James' pool was in the backyard, I figured out. The one in the front is just a decorative fountain. Once I found the pool I sat on one of the lounge chairs and watched helpless teenagers being pushed into the pool by their drunk friends. It was actually quite entertaining.

I lied on that chair for about 30 minutes before I really started wondering where Blaine was. I mean, he invited me to this party. He didn't even walk past and give a casual wave. I figured I might as well look around the place.

Turns out James's house was even bigger than I thought. I discovered a whole basement that was underground, and then made my way up the three floors above it. My plan was to just roam around and if I came across Blaine I would wink at him or something. I made it through the first three levels of the house and discovered nothing much. But what I was really dreading was the top floor. The bedrooms.

I put my ear up to each door, half wondering if Blaine was inside one of them but half wondering what the heck those noises were.

I made my way to the end of the hall with no sign of Blaine. But there was one more room left. It appeared to be some kind of closet, but I really couldn't tell. The lights were off, so I pushed open the door assuming that no one was inside.

I flicked on the lights and what I saw killed me inside. Two boys were practically sucking each other's faces off. I stood there in horror, until they noticed me. I suddenly recognized one of the faces. "Blaine?" I asked.