CHAPTER 3

I slung my bag over my shoulder and pushed my glasses up a little. I opened the door to the astronomy room and found Blaine sitting inside.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey," he said, and ran up to me. He grabbed my hands. "Oh my god, Kurt, I'm so sorry. I honestly am really confused right now becuase I don't know what it's like to be in a relationship... but I promise I'm going to make this work. I really like you, Hummel. Just please try to remember that."

I bit my lip and cheerfully nodded. I wasn't making it up. This was real. We are real. I took out the note from my back pocket and un crumpled it. "So where is this special place?"

He grabbed my hand and we ran out the door. The halls were empty, except for the janitor, and the only thing you could hear were the sounds of our shoes and the beat of our hearts. He pushed open the doors and tossed me a helmet. I strapped it on and hopped on the motorcycle. I never thought I would say this, but his motorcycle was one of the only places where I felt like I could do anything. Go anywhere.

He started the engine and I pressed his strong back into my chest. He drove quickly down a route unfamiliar to me. But I trusted him now.

We drove for 15 minutes until he parked at what looked like a bar.

"You weren't kidding. You really do drink."

He laughed, "You heard my voicemail? Oh god. Yes, I do drink. But only on special occasions. And this isn't a bar. Well, it's not a drinking bar."

Blaine opened the door to reveal a room full of every type of person you could imagine. There was a counter, a large seating area and- a stage. This was a karaoke bar.

Blaine ran up on stage. "Sup everyone." He yelled into the mic. The crowd mumbled a response. "If you don't know me, I'm Blaine. And if you do know me, then you'll know you're in for a treat!"

This time everyone cheered, and I applauded along.

"Kurt? Will you please come up here?"

I went pale. I don't sing. I have a high-pitched squeaky voice that people can't stand hearing talk. Let alone sing. But, I had to impress Blaine. I walked up on stage and he threw his arm around me like we were guy-friends.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the wonderful voice of Kurt Hummel. And me. Hit it!"

I could barley move. Blaine was probably about to sing like a freaking angel and I was going to embarrass myself. Then I heard "American Boy" by Estelle coming through the speakers. I chuckled inside my head. I knew this song! I was about to start singing the Kanye part, but Blaine took it.

I guess I was going to be doing the female part from now on.

I tried my best to do the "eh"s and the "huh"s, but all I could focus on was Blaine. He was actually a really good singer.

Sooner than I'd liked it to my part came on and I started singing into the mic. I tried to look cool in front of Blaine and in front of an audience but I was panicking. Did he think I was terrible?

I looked over at Blaine who looked surprised. It was worse than I thought. I cringed through the rest of the song and was so relieved when it ended.

"We'll be back in a few!" Blaine said and put his mic back in the stand. I did the same and he lead me off the stage.

"Dude!" He whisper-yelled. "That was epic!"

"It- it was?" I asked, shocked.

"I didn't know you could sing like that! You were amazing! We have to do another song."