Chapter 71: The Truth and a crazy ass bitch.

Start from the beginning

What. The. Hell?

Everywhere I looked was big blocks of ice, like a concrete cell blocking us in and stopping us from escaping.  Everything was white and not to mention freezing. My breath left in puffs of smoke as I slowly turned my head around to try and get a 160 degree of the whole place.

“Maybe, I'm still in candy floss land, make me go back to sleep Kyle,” I muttered, trying to convince myself with a small nod, leaving me in pain.

Finally deciding that the pain had dulled I gave a light smile to Kyle and sat the full way up, prickles ran up the bottom half of my body as I became aware of sitting on a cold ice floor. I had been lying in Kyle's lap, my back supported by his arm as he still rubbed soothing circles on my back, his hand having no effect against my thick coat.

Letting out a chilled breath I place a cold hand against his half frozen cheek, “I pray to God and even Buda that this is some kind of sick joke.” I joked, my face turning serious as I inspected his face, “Are you okay?” I asked softly, my eyes still roaming his face as I looked for even a mark. If there is even a hair out of place I will…

The corner of his mouth pulled up slightly, but his eyes glanced down at his leg, he gestured with a quick flick of his head to it. “My leg, I think it’s broken.” 

I stood still and tried not to move as I digested what he had said. Turning my head, I looked down at the leg that was lying against the ground. Now, for a scratch I would have killed her, a broken bone? This witch is getting turned into dust.

Shuffling forward to create a distance I was able to tuck my legs under myself without knocking his leg, using my hands I crawled over to it and placed my bum down on top of my feet. Shaking, I tried not to even breathe on the leg.  

Taking a deep breath, I look Kyle straight in the eyes. “I'm going to have a look and then I am going to turn into the incredible hulk and Sherlock Holmes all in one, okay?” I asked my fast breathing becoming known thanks to the temperature.  

Kyle nodded, biting down on his lip as my hand stretched out to remove his trouser leg from the snow boot. As I began slowly un-tucking I tried to take Kyle's mind off the pain.

I asked, “How bad is the pain did you slip?” I frowned realizing that that would not help the pain but make it worse since he would have to think about it.

Stupid, Gwen!

Kyle's body slightly shook as he shook his head and I stopped un-tucking when his hand moved and he pointed up to the top. I looked up at the white sky and blink trying to understand what he was saying. “I fell.”

“That’s nice- Wait what! Kyle, that’s like 16 foot!” I shouted, my voice echoing off the walls as I looked at him in shock and worry.  “Are you okay? How did you land? What about your head? Your arms? What about your bum?” I rushed out, my hands flapping a I tried to look for more unseen injuries.

Kyle held his hand up and shook his head, his finger motioning to his foot. “My side and my hand are sore but my leg took the full hit. I heard a crack.” He finished making me swallow as I blinked away the tears at seeing the big manly Kyle, helpless at the bottom of the well. Nodding to myself I continued on hoisting up the trousers as I peeked up to have a look, not letting Kyle see. Almost heaving, I pulled the trouser back down and carefully began to tuck it back on, leaving no room for coldness to get through.

Kyle frowned and leaned forward, grabbing my hand. “I want to see. How bad is it?” he asked as I grabbed his hand, stopping him from pulling it back up.

“You haven’t seen it yet?” I asked, my eyes narrowing in suspicion.

He shook his head, “I was too scared, by the time I finally plucked up the courage you practically get dragged in here. So I had to but slide over to you.”