Entering: Bat

Slaine's P.O.V.

I walked away solemnly from the sight before me. Inaho was kissing her. It pained me...a lot. I had lost Asseylum to Inaho before the war, but I was over that. And I was not planning on losing (Y/N) to him. Inaho had already beat me so many times. I would not allow for it to happen again.

I turned back and quietly approached the two of them. Perhaps they, or rather, he, was so caught up in the moment that he hadn't heard my footsteps coming from behind. The sound of shoes clicking against the wood of the bridge must've been audible for the both of them, but when I cleared my throat, he seemed a little startled.

"So this is where you ran off to, (Y/N)," I looked at her facial expression with no signs of blushing whatsoever. Maybe it was only Inaho who enjoyed the kiss? Or perhaps she had gotten used to stolen kisses? But either way, Inaho's face held no emotions, but that was to no surprise.

"I thought I would take a break," she said nonchalantly and stretched her arms out. She then hopped up. "But I guess break time is over?"

She held a smug look on her face. It was a face I would have easily loved to have wiped off, but it was (Y/N); and that girl seriously had her way of making everything work.

Withholding a sigh to hide my irritation, I gestured for her to follow me out of Asseylum's private garden. "If you please, (Y/N), follow me back into my office so that you can finish your tasks. And if you finish, I'll let you out early."

Her ears seemed to perk at the last part of my statement. My mood lightened up a little bit to see that. At least I knew she wouldn't retaliate like she normally would.

"Yes, Sir Troyard," she saluted and started to follow, "I'll see you around, Inaho."

We walked through the garden and finally reached the empire building's hall as we headed towards my office. It was rather silent on the way there, but it wasn't an uncomfortable silence, but I also felt the need to ask the girl something.

"(Y/N)," I stated rather seriously.

She came from walking behind to walking beside me. She placed her arms around her back and looked up at me with her beautiful (e/c) eyes. "Oh, so serious. What's up?"

I sighed before looking straight ahead. "Do you have feelings for Inaho?" Well that came out a bit too suddenly. I was hoping to gradually build up to that question, but I guess I couldn't wait.

The muscles around her lips tugged into a large smile as she placed her hands onto my shoulders. "Aw, is Count Troyard jealous?" She was teasing me now.

"It's umm...nothing just forget it," I said quickly as I tried to get ahead of her but to no avail.

"You do realize that we've already had a similar conversation, right?" she said in a much more normal tone, probably to indicate she was actually serious.

"We have?" I blinked profusely, stopping in my tracks trying to remember when something like this had actually happened.

"Oh, poor Count," she patted my shoulder sympathetically, "You were drunk, remember?"

Oh, yes. I remember that night now. I had gotten drunk because of that fact that Inaho was probably closer to her than I ever was. I may have been drunk, but I still remember everything.

"I remember it now," my voice got a bit lower, "I kissed you that night, didn't I? And I said I love you."

I noticed her get extremely awkward as she started fidgeting with her fingers and continued walking. "You sure did, Slaine."