The Trainor and His Trainee

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

I shook hands with Slaine. I hissed his name in my mind. To be mean or not to be mean? To be a pain in the butt or not to be? Those were the questions that ran through my mind. Was I going to show this guy respect or sass?

Slaine cut me off my thoughts as he spoke. "(Y/N), please change into your uniform so we can start training." I bowed and walked off into the closest empty room I could find and changed into the uniform.

I slipped on the boots and headed outside closing the last few buttons, being sure to hide my pendant. I had to admit that the uniform was a teeny bit on the tight side. I mean, it wasn't too tight, but how was I expected to shoot accurately when the shoulder areas were a bit tight. Whatever. I'd find my way around it. I placed my pistols securely in my pockets. By this time, I realized that the others had left leaving only Slaine, Harklight, and me in the room. I approached the two.

"Ready for training, Count Troyard," I saluted. It seemed that I had interrupted a conversation between the two as they looked up. I could see straight through Slaine's eyes. He was obviously not happy to have a girl as his trainee.

"Let's get started shall we?" Slaine said as an obvious forced smile was plastered onto his pale face.

Slaine's P.O.V.

Harklight and I walked in front of my new trainee. I heard a light cough.

"And you are a clear as glass to read, Count Troyard, " (Y/N) lightly hissed my name, "that you are obviously annoyed to have the responsibility of training little ol' me."

I turned around to see that she held a large smirk on her face. Her (h/c) hair swept to the side covering one of her (e/c) eyes. This girl was going to be some serious trouble. But she was right. I wasn't happy to have her.

Flashback

"Slaine," a soft voice called as soon as I left the throne room with Harklight on the first day I came.

I turned around to see my ex-fiance, Lemrina. She rolled up to me in her electronic wheelchair. Her lavender hair flowed in the wind as her blue eyes locked on mine.

"I see you've come back," she said with that dull expression of hers.

I bowed down due to respect. "Yes, I have."

"Stand up," she commanded me.

I stood up and looked at her once more.

"Now that you're back, Slaine," she said as one of her selfish grins formed on her face, "You can finally be mine."

"L-lemrina," I stuttered. "I thought that was over with? I'm sure you're allowed to be with whomever you please," I urged. Because in all honestly, I didn't like Lemrina like that. And I'm sure she knows that as well. I can't return her feelings. Not then and certainly not now. She knows I only agreed to marry her just so I could have power over Vers, but that was long ago.

"That's too bad, Slaine," Lemrina smirked. "It's not over unless I say so."

I felt anger boil up inside me. I wasn't interested in her at all. "Lemrina, our engagement is through." Those were my final words as I walked away from her.

I heard her cynical voice from afar, "You can say that as much as you want, Slaine, but I will find a way to make you mine again. After all, you're only a mere count who has to obey my orders."

End of Flashback

So here I was now. Stuck underneath Lemrina's hold. I knew her and I knew her well. She always figured ways to get what she wanted but I wasn't going to allow that to happen. But now with (Y/N) as my trainee, Lemrina was sure to be on my back more than ever.