Their Promises

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

It was nighttime and Inaho and I were walking down the dark streets. The occasional car would pass by adding some noise to the empty atmosphere, but other than it and the natural sounds, it was silent.

I took a quick glance at Inaho to see that he was looking straight ahead. His maroon eyes dull as usual. I sighed lightly and looked straight ahead as the post lights illuminated our path way. Bored out of my wits, I grabbed a piece of my (h/c) hair and twirled it around my index finger.

"Soo," I said elongating the letter 'o', "where are we going now, Inaho?"

He remained silent. I exaggerated my groan as I was growing somewhat impatient with him. The whole day, we've been hanging out and I told him that I needed to go several times but he always told me to stay.

"(Y/N)," Inaho spoke softly. I looked up at him, swill twirling the piece of my hair. He looked at it and raised his hand to release the hair strand from my finger. I frowned at him.

"We're here," he said as his gaze finally went to the sky.

Without realizing it, I had followed Inaho into the forest all the while thinking we were walking to no where.

Inaho's P.O.V.

With my hand still resting on (Y/N)'s, I pointed to the sky. I still haven't forgotten about the stars she's been wanting to see ever since the war.

"You wanted to see the stars, right, (Y/N)?"

I found it adorable. How she just wanted to see something as simple as the stars. That's one thing I loved about her. Though my actions and tone didn't show it, (Y/N) made me happy. This girl had somehow made it possible to make me feel something I haven't felt towards anyone.

(Y/N)'s bored expression turned into one of excitement as those signature red eyes of hers glistened under the moon light. Her hand had left mine which made me a little sad on the inside.

She walked a couple feet away from me and started to watch the stars in admiration. I couldn't help but form a small smile on my face. I felt like a different person when I was with her. I walked slowly to her side as she continued looking in awe.

I felt my body move on its own as I got closer to the somewhat short girl. Luckily for me, she was standing still so I used it as my chance.

Leaning down slowly, I brought my head closer to her face, closing the gap between us. (Y/N) was talking and pointing at the stars but it seemed that I had blocked out everything but the moment at hand.

Leaning closer and closer, I planted my lips onto her soft (s/c) cheek. I could feel the heat from her cheek as she was probably blushing at the moment. I didn't want to kiss her directly on the lips just yet. I didn't want to steal her first kiss, I wanted her to allow me to have it. She always told me she didn't want a stolen first kiss.

Her hand rose up slowly as she touched the spot where I left my kiss. Her eyes were confused.

"Inaho..." she whispered as she still held the spot.

I pulled her into an embrace as my hands fell down to her waist.

"Please, (Y/N)," I spoke into the crook of her neck, "let me just stay like this for awhile."

I felt her body tense at first, but eventually relax and she brought up her hands to return the hug.

*****

"Just promise me you'll be safe," I said to (Y/N) as she was about to enter the ship going back to Vers.

"Yeah, yeah," she said nonchalantly while waving her hand in the air. "I'll see you later, Inaho," she said as the ship took off.