Chapter 51 - Handle The Distance

Start from the beginning

"Of course" I said quietly and he kissed me passionately. We both smile through the kiss. When we pulled away, we both were smiling and I knew my face was a little red. I just hugged him and leaned my head on him. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

"You are my biggest blessing" I heard him say. I looked up at him with a smile. "Even when we were best friends only, before we both knew our feelings for each other, I knew you'd be in my life forever. I don't want any more breaks in this relationship. No more feeling like we can't handle the distance. I know we can, I was scared, but it's just something we will have to deal with for now until you finish school. Which thankfully is soon."

"I agree. We are strong. We can handle the distance. Plus, I'll be here with you soon." I said back to him. He pressed his lips softly against mine again.

I'm really happy to be back with him. I know this time with be different and better. At the start of our relationship was when he started to get noticed for his singing so he became super busy and focused on his career, which I love and I'm so proud of him. I had to focus on school, he had to focus on his career. But now that school is over in two weeks, I'll be able to be with him again. With nothing that could tear us apart.

I feel better about everything and the fact that he isn't mad at Austin is taking me to prom, makes me relieved and happy. He knows I would never do him wrong. I would never. Even though he has never liked Austin and considering he is my ex. I remember when I was dating Austin and how much Justin didn't like him. I never understood why, but now I do.

**Flashback**

"Isn't your boyfriend a little late? It's seven o'clock now" I heard Justin ask from my room. I'm in my bathroom changing into the dress I'm wearing on my date with Austin tonight. Justin was bored so I said he can hang out with me as I get ready.

"No. We changed the time because someone distracted me when I had to get ready" I yelled back to him as I zipped up my dress. I heard him laugh. I smiled and shook my head. I looked down at my heels and then looked at myself in the mirror again. I'm finally done getting ready and Austin should be here any moment. "Does this look okay?" I asked Justin as I walked back into my bedroom. He looked up from his phone and his eyes slightly widened as he saw me.

"Uh yeah. Yeah you look amazing" he said back to me as he sat up. I nodded then walked over to my body length mirror. I checked myself out once more to make sure everything is perfect. I want to look good for my date. I noticed Justin still staring at me from the mirror so I looked back at him and he quickly looked down at his phone.

"You sure this dress looks okay on me? I don't look stupid" I asked him as I walked over to my dresser where I put my jewelry.

"Yes. I promise, you look stunning" He said causing me to smile. I looked back at him over my shoulder.

"Thank you" I said back. "Now be nice when he gets here. Once you get to know him better, you'll like him" I told him.

"Once you get to know him better, you'll like him" he mocked me in a higher pitched voice. I looked at him and laughed. "I don't like him now and I will never like him" he said then gave me a big smile. I laughed and walked over to him to shove him.

"You're not nice" I said then heard my door bell ring. I smiled wider. "Yay!" I said excitedly and Justin rolled his eyes. "So bitter" I said sticking my tongue out to him.

"I'll get the door" he said then ran out of the room. I shook my head and tried to follow behind quickly. "Hey Buddy" I heard Justin say sarcastically. I wanted to laugh, but kept it to myself. I made it down the stairs and saw Austin standing at the front door.

"Hey" Austin said to me with a smile. "You look beautiful" he told me.

"Thank you" I said back as my cheeks got red.

"I'll be here for when you come back" Justin said and I looked over at him confused. So did Austin. "My mom is on her way over here and we are having dinner with your mom and Jeff" He said with a goofy smile. I knew he was saying it in front of Austin to annoy him. I don't get it, but it's Justin's humor.

"Oh your moms are close?" Austin asked us.

"Yeah" I answered him nodding.

"Just like us" Justin said again with a goofy smile. I tried not to laugh and just looked over at Austin. He just seemed confused. Probably as to why Justin is here and answered the door. "Well her curfew is at ten and if she comes back here upset or hurt in-"

"Justin" I said trying to get him to stop. He looked at me now and I can tell he was just trying to mess with Austin because he was trying not to laugh. "He's kidding" I told Austin.

"No I'm not" Justin said crossing his arms.

"Goodbye" I jokingly said and walked out the door. "Come on" I said to Austin and smiled. Justin waved and shut the door. Such a child. I love him. He's too funny.

**End Of Flashback**

"What are you thinking about?" Justin asked me pulling me from my thoughts.

"You" I told him and he began to smile.

"Oh really? Like what?" He asked me.

"The times I completely missed the signs of you liking me" I told him and he laughed.

"No. It was never obvious. Are you thinking about the one time I was going to kiss you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"It wasn't obvious back then. But looking back, I guess I can see why everyone thought we would be together" I said back to him.

"So what times are you thinking about then?" He asked tilting his head a little bit. Which is the cutest thing ever. It made me smile more.

"Well other than the moment you were going to kiss me" I stopped talking to giggle. "Every time I had a new boyfriend or was talking to a guy, you did not like them. There were moments you would pretend to, but to me it was so obvious you didn't like them. You were jealous" I explained and started to laugh.

"I was very jealous. I would be all in my head like 'why am I so mad that she is with another guy? This makes no sense' then once I realized I had feelings for you, it all made sense. I was totally jealous" he told me. We both laughed and I shook my head. "Anyway, I feel like more and more people are coming to this park which means word is spreading that I'm here so we should start going" he said as he let go of me. I nodded understanding and he grabbed my hand. "We can go swimming at the hotel, want to do that?" He asked me as we started to walk back to the car.

"Yeah let's do that" I gave him a smile then looked forward again. I noticed many people taking pictures of Justin. He doesn't even seem to notice. Or maybe he does, but he's just so used to it. It is still something I need to get used to. Especially since I'll be with him on tour for the next few months.