4. The Words

The rain poured down my face practically making me blind. My legs throbbed as I crossed streets and dashed home on sidewalks. I pulled my hair out of my pigtails as I turned corners till I slipped and fell forward. I gasped for air only to find it hard to enter. Looking around the area I was in I could barley see my families bakery. I looked into the shops window to see my reflection as I stood back up weakly. I looked like I just exited the shower but with my clothes on. I pulled at my hair and avoided my reflection. Tears flowed down my face intertwining with the streams of rain that flowed before. As I cried I slowly made my way home. I rushed upstairs screaming that I made it home. My room was dark and I'd like to keep it that way. It matches my depressing mood. I curled up on my bed and began to ball. Covering my face with my hands as I did so. When suddenly I heard footsteps on my balcony. I shot my head up, tears and all, and spotted a dark figure approaching my doors. A little tap and then another echoed through the room. If I stayed silent then he'd leave. Chat Noir visited me even after the one time with the Evillustrator. I wasn't extremely surprised but he hadn't shown up in a while. If I kept quiet he'd assume I wasn't home, especially since my lights were out. A hiccup escaped my lips as I hugged my knees.

"I-it's open..." I whispered as more tears began to fall. He glided in without making a sound and searched for me. Finally seeing me curled up in a ball on my bed he came up to me with squinted eyes.

"Princess you're soaked..." His eyes widened with hurt. He reached out to me worryingly but I scooted away feeling the wall behind me press against my still soaked back. I do not want compassion. I do not search for pity. I don't plead to receive lies. I don't need this to get worse.

"P-Please go away Chat..." I hide my face in my knees wishing he'd never heard my squeaks.

"Are you crying?! What's wrong..." He placed a paw on my shoulder, "What happened?!" He sounded at fault like he was the one who caused all this. Like he was to blame for him not being there. For causing my grief.

"I'm fine! Everything's just fine!" I whaled as I tightened my grip around my knees hoping his hand would fall off my shoulder.

"Princess. Look at me and tell me what's going on." He spoke clearly with a risen voice. He sounded as if he'd kill to get the answer. "Who made you cry, Marinette!"

"You couldn't do anything! You couldn't just claw away the problem!" I hissed back.

"I-"

"Even if you did..." I sighed with sorrow, "You couldn't erase the words that were said..." Chloe might of just been trying to get me to stop my delusions, and get what she wants without a low life in the way, but her words didn't just come from no where. Lies can be told but ideas can't be from nothing.

"What words, Marinette..." He sat beside me; concerned.

"You can't take back... The words..." I shivered and shook. I bit my lip wipe as goosebumps traveled across my damp skin as I gagged on my tears. "Do everyone a favor and just kill yourself already, Marinette."