I sent the message and pressed my phone to my chest. I wrapped the jacket around me and tried to remember the feeling of his lips on mine. Knowing Blaine, that would probably be the only time.

~~~

I woke up and pulled on a nice outfit for school. I put my glasses on and brushed my teeth. When I went to do my hair, I felt the urge for a change. Instead of plastering my hair across my face, I combed it upwards.

I suddenly looked 5 years older.

Before I went downstairs to eat, I noticed Blaine's jacket sitting on my bed. I grabbed it and headed downstairs. "Good morning, dad."

Dad looked up from some bacon and eggs. "Hey, kiddo! How'd you sleep?"

"Good." I replied sleepily.

I took a sip from a glass of OJ sitting in front of me and patiently waited for breakfast to be served. When dad set the plate in front of me, he noticed something.

"Do something different with your hair?"

I nodded. "Time for a change. Why? Do you not like it?"

He put his hands on his hips and nodded. "No. You look nice. Now hurry up and eat, you're going to miss the bus."

I started shoving food into my mouth while dad told me about how business at his tire ship was going. I really liked it when he talked about stuff like that. Not long after I heard the buss arrive. I grabbed my backpack and ran outside. Crap. I forgot Blaine's jacket. I sprinted back inside and grabbed it. I leaped onto the bus and they closed the doors.

I hated the bus ride to school. If you didn't have a friend that was on the same bus as you, have fun. I walked passed the rows of kids on their phones looking for an empty seat. On the third to last seat I saw Blaine, sitting alone. He had headphones in and had his feet kicked up on the seat in front of him. I stood beside the seat as if to ask "may I sit here?" Blaine looked up at me and saw that I was holding his jacket.

"Where'd you get that?" He yelled at me, and everyone turned to see what was going on.

"You-you-I thought you-" I stuttered.

"Gimme that," He said, and ripped the jacket out of my hands.

I felt like I was about to cry. I had made it all up. As I walked to the last row of the bus, I turned around one last time. Blaine looked back at me, closing his eyes and shaking his head before turning back to the seat I front of him.

What did he think of me? I just assumed that the ice has been broken. I looked at him longingly, wishing that he would just smile back. "Stop looking at me! Punk."

I slumped down in the dirty seat. Guess we weren't going public yet.

~~~

When we arrived at school I bolted out of my seat so that I could be behind Blaine in the line to get off the bus. He noticed I was there and without looking back gently placed his hand on mine. Then he took his headphones off and shuffled inside the school.

Of course I felt sad and abandoned. He valued his reputation over me. I guess I would too. I mean, we only went on one date. It wasn't even a date! He was trying his best to not shut me out completely, and for now that was going to have to be good enough.

~~~

About half way through Pre-Calc my butt vibrated. I pulled my phone out and saw a text from Blaine. It said, I'm really sorry. U get it, though, rite? Wanna hang aftr school?

I looked around to see if anyone was looking, then replied. Totaly get it. And sure ;)

I think Mr. Kleintank was confused about why I thought Logarithms were so fun, becuase I was smiling the whole rest of the class.

When the bell rang I walked to my locker to get my lunch money. But, when I opened my locker a note fell to the floor.

I wanna take you someplace special. Meet me under the stars @ 4:00.

~ Blaine

I smiled and stuck the note in my pocket. Under the starts meant in the Astronomy room. The teacher hung little plastic balls representing the solar system in there and stuck star stickers on the ceiling, but there's only one astronomy class so the room is almost always empty. It's like a thing for couples to go in there in between classes.

Did I just call us a couple? Don't get your hopes up. Don't create something that isn't there.

I felt like the luckiest guy in the world.