Chapter 3

Hiccup's P.O.V.

I was in pain. But not as much as before. I moved my fingers. All good. Right foot. Good. Left foot. Left foot.

My left foot won't move. I can't feel it.

"Uuugh" I moaned, opening my eyes. There was a little bit of sunlight squeezing through the windows. Morning? Night?

"You're awake!" came a voice to my left. That same angelic voice. Was I dead? I turned.

There, sitting next to me, was a beautiful girl. She had a round face and blue, blue eyes. Like the sky in the horizon. Her hair was a mess of red curls.

"Wh-where am I? Who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Merida. You are in Scotland. Who are you?"

"I think my name is Hiccup."

She held back a laugh.

"Go on. Laugh. It's the dumbest name in the history of names."

She started laughing. As she laughed. I propped up my pillow and sat up, taking in my surroundings.

It was a decent sized bedroom. The was a tall window that overlooked a forest. It seemed the sun was coming up, as it peeked over the treetops.

"Where are you from?" Merida asked.

"Umm, I don't remember. I only remember my name. I think an island. I remember lots of water."

Her face kinda fell. But she brightened up quickly.

"I'll go get breakfast. Be right back." She dashed out of the room, her hair flying behind.

I may not remember much, but I know I'm never going to forget this girl.

Merida's P.O.V.

When Hiccup woke up, I was startled by how green his eyes were. I can't even describe that color.

I felt bad that he had Hiccup for a name. Maybe breakfast will help.

"Merida! You're up early!" Mum exclaimed as I came into the kitchen.

"Hiccup woke up!"

"Dear, do you have the hiccups?"

I giggled, "No Mum, the boy's name is Hiccup. He woke up. I'm bringing breakfast up."

"You do that. I'll go talk to him," Mum said as she walked out the door.

I put some chicken and fruit on two plates, along with silverware. I hoped it was enough as I walked towards his room.

Hiccup's P.O.V.

Merida's mum, Elinor, was nice. She explained that I was in a castle and that she was the queen. Which meant Merida was the princess. Didn't see that one coming.

"Do you remember anything at all?" she asked.

I sighed, "If I did, I would tell you. I only remember my name. And water. Lots of water. Maybe I'm from an island?"

"Well, if you remember anything, let me know. You are welcome to stay as long as you want."

"Thank you."

She nodded and walked out. The second she left, Merida burst in, with two plates full of chicken and fruit.

"I don't think you're from Scotland. You're accent and clothes don't match," she said, handing me a plate and silverware.

"You mean, what's left of my clothes." I said, looking down at my tattered, bloodied clothes.

She laughed. I loved making her laugh. It was a pretty sound. Contagious, too. Soon I was laughing.

"I'll have someone find you some clothes in a second. Do you need anything? Are you in any pain?" Merida asked, her eyes flitted to my legs.

"Um, I can't feel my leg," I said, hoping nothing bad had happened.

"About that, there's, um, nothing left to feel. The healer had to take it off," she explained, not meeting my eyes.

I moved the blankets. I sucked in my breath. Where my leg was supposed to be was a big hunk of wood.

"Hey, my dad lost his leg, too. Though, his fake leg is a little more decorated," Merida said. I could tell she was trying to cheer me up.

"Maybe you could carve something into it. I see you're pretty good at that," I said, nodding towards what looked like a horse that she had carved.

She giggled. Then stood up.

"I'll go and find you some clothes. Be right back," Merida said, walking out the door.

I sighed, looking at my leg. Hey, now I'm like Gobber.

Wait, Gobber? Who's that?

As quickly as the remembering had come, it was gone.

Author's Note: How am I doing so far? Good? Bad? Please tell me if I should change anything, I'll take it into consideration.

Thanks!

AlissaDonkers