Music To My Ears.

Start from the beginning

I pressed my lips into a thin line. "Who broke up with who?"

My breathing seemed to stop as I waited my answer.

"I broke up with her."

I still held my breath, nearly choking. "Why?"

"Because-"

"Ray!"

I looked in the direction of where the squeal came from, only to see Gabby standing there in her pink pajamas.

Oh how badly I wanted to punch her right now. Gabby was cool and all, but couldn't she have came after Gage had told me why he broke up with Ava?

Gage sighed beside me in frustration. Obviously being just as irked as I was.

"Gabby," I breathed, mustering up a fake smile on my face. While I was picturing in my mind killing her. It's too graphic to say how, though.

"So, how was it?" She came running over, sitting down between me and Gage. She stopped for a moment, looking between us. "Oh, sorry. Did I interrupt something?"

Before I could respond, Gage shook his head. Then stood up. My fingers itched to reach out and grasp his hand. Beg him to stay. I restrained myself, though. Tucking my hands under my legs. "I was just leaving, anyway. Night." He waved to Gabby, gave me a lingering glance and disappeared up the stairs.

I heard the door close softly, and I turned to Gabby with a glare "Gabby! What the hell!"

She frowned, "What did I do?"

"Gage was just about to tell me why he had broken up with Ava. Now the suspense is killing me."

"Who cares about that? Now tell me what happened with Dustin!" She demanded, and I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing. We had dinner and that was that."

 "Really?"

"Yeah."

"So that's what I interrupted up for? Just to hear nothing happened?"

I nodded, "Pretty much."

"Well," Gabby muttered, looking defeated and slightly guilty. "Sorry."

"It's cool... well, night." I mumbled and got off the couch, I heard Gabby whisper a brief good night before I jogged up the stairs.

I stopped right in front of my door. And looked to Gage's, having the urge to knock. But I decided against it.

I made my way into the room and shut it softly behind him. I stripped out of my shoes, shorts and shirt. I tugged on a big white t-shirt, then got under the covers.

I looked towards the window. Seeing that it had started raining. A droplet hit the window. I reached out and fingered the spot where the drop of water slowly slid down.

My dad always use to say when a rain drop hit you, that somebody was thinking of you. 

I pressed myself close to the pillow, contently watching the rain hit my window. I fell into a deep slumber that night.

 ----------------

The next morning was..bearable. I actually didn't feel incredibly horrible. I was smiling when I came down the stairs and Gabby had to do a double take once she saw how I was dressed. She flashed a grin at me. "Still a little manly, but you look pretty."

Manly? I looked down at my outfit.

I was wearing a pair of black jeans, with a red and blue button up flannel, and my converse. I shrugged, seeming nonchalantly. "Thanks."