I love the way you lie CHAPTER 29

Sorry for not spell-checking :D I'm kinda in school right now soo yeah...Math sucks, people!

_______________________________________________________

CHAPTER 29

I managed to sneak out of the Riviera mansion without anyone noticing which was quite a surprise as I had half-expected an angry crowd of people waiting to throw stones at me.  Just as I tried to open the door as quietly as possible, the impatient cab driver honked for the third time. I flinched, trying to hush him up as I hurried down the entrance stairs. I was very aware of how my hair was messy, my make-up smudged and my clothes wrinkled, making it incredibly obvious to everyone what I had been up to but there were more important things for me to think about.

For example I could start with considering whether I was the worst person in the world for creeping out of my boyfriends bed to arrive punctually at my job as a stripper. Or whether it was justifiable that I still couldn't get myself to even imagine telling him the truth. 

"I was just about to drive off" The cab driver grumbled, frowning at me. I simply shrugged my shoulders, staring at my fingernails as I told him the address of the club. 

"I think I saw you on TV a couple of hours ago. You're Blake Riviera's new girlfriend right?" He continued, making me flinch once again. It was going to be a pain in the ass to hide my job with everyone recognizing me. 

"No, I'm not." I mumbled coldly as I inconspicuously tried to hide my face behind my messy hair. I couldn't help but think about Blake, who was still sleeping, unaware of the fact that I was gone. I had left him a simple note but I knew that he'd call me right away. I knew that he would ask me what the emergency I had written about was and I knew that I couldn't answer his phone calls until I got off work at 4 a.m. I knew that sooner or later, he would find out about everything.

There was just no way this relationship was going to end well and I knew it but thinking about how his eyes lit up every time he saw me, thinking about how he'd smile at me as if I had just saved his day merely by rambling about idiotic stuff, I also knew that I would never be able to leave him even for his own sake. 

"Kyle, we gotta talk" I began, entering his office without bothering to knock. 

"Yeah, you're right. Let's start with your manners" He replied, briefly looking up from a pile of documents.

"I don't think I can do this anymore" I said pointing at my skimpy fairy costume. I could already hear those disgusting men cheering as Charity took her turn on the pole. I had fifteen minutes until I had to be up there and even the thought of it was suffocating. 

"Because of Blake?" He asked calmly, motioning for me to sit down next to him. 

"Yeah" I mumbled, feeling a knot in my stomach. I took a seat next to him, suddenly feeling grateful for having him as my boss."I feel like I'm cheating on him and I just ..."

"You're not only a stripper for me Hope" Kyle interrupted as he stroked my head. "You're my friend and I will not hold you back if you want to go. But how are you going to support yourself? I could always help you out..."

"No, I can't accept that" I whispered, closing my eyes. "I can't loose the last bit of dignity that I have"

"But how are you going to make this work?"

"I don't know, I'm just so confused" I replied, pressing my palm against my forehead. Kyle had always been way more tolerant with Annie and me than with anyone else and I was endlessly thankful for that. "I'm sorry for letting you down. You were always there for me..." 

"You're not letting me down, don't you ever think something like that again. But I do think that it's too late for you to back down right now. Even if you quit and never come back here again, he's going to find out somehow. Whether it's going to be Dylan who tells him or some kind of magazine." He whispered and I knew that he was right.