Chapter XII: Sir Leonard d' Alembert - The Wicked

Note: This work is purely fictional. The dates of discoveries are purposely altered.

***

The Classic Tale of You and Me:
"

Sir Leonard d' Alembert, the Wicked!"

Amber eyes stared intently at the lady seated on the other end of the room. Her waist-long pastel teal hair was dried by her reserved butler, the other half of her hair was combed by a fair lady on a wheeled chair. It was almost a morning dress, the clothes she was wearing. The plain lightweight fabric engulfed her skin smoothly, draping loosely below her bosom; it's high neckline concealed her skin. He watched her fidgeting while her butler talked to her, she shook her head several times.

The entire scene transformed Rei to a mental sloth. He never thought that noble women had to undergo such extravagant preparations before facing people. To think of it, Miku was just wearing a simple dress. What if it was something like the French gown she was wearing earlier?

"Sir Rei, what are we waiting here again? The music from the hall became lovely, I wanted to get out of here soon." Fukase whispered to his mentor, sympathizing with Sir Rei's boredom.

The knight was about to answer when the two masters of the Lemmings Manor entered, the taller one still had his mask on while carrying another ruffled piece of cloth in his arms. The smaller blond trailed him, his face was crinkled and cheeks puffed in impatience.

"This is the largest pinafore I have seen, Milady. I never thought there could be one for a woman. This overdress is commonly used by young girls -- and you are a lady."

Rei sneered at Leonard's declaration, feeling more bored with his presence inside the same room. It is ironic, really, that after he had a good duel with Leonard, Rei left immediately and accepted his defeat. "We will never meet again," he kept that in mind for the past few hours as he wandered around the manor to study how the lights worked, but when he and Fukase reunited, things became unhandy.

It hurt the Knight's pride when he lost the duel with the said gentleman. Leonard is good and full of surprises, doing unpredictable striking of sword -- and Rei will do anything to know what technique is that, because he is sure it isn't normal fencing. Speaking of which, Rei called his attention while the fair lady with carnation hair tied the ribbon behind Miku.

"Excuse me, Sir Leonard?" The raven-haired fella stood from his stool. "May I know what sword technique have you used in our battle earlier this evening?"

"You fought?" Miku asked but was ignored.

Leonard and his brother (who is laughing), stared back at Rei -- the raven-haired knight is not certain if Leonard is staring, he cannot see a lot from his full mask -- and sighed. The smaller blond chuckled as he answered in behalf of his brother.

"Od on a bit," Lui began, "that int a technique at all." He snickered and glanced at his brother before looking back at the knight. "To enlighten thi bewilderment, I reckon tha' Leonard rarely follow th' rules o' fencing. Tha'd witnessed his gormless battlin' dexterity! That wa' tennis!"

Lui laughed and turned around, stopping his own merriment when his cousin stared at him like he was a subject worthy of inspection.

"I wonder why you laugh a lot," stated Miku as she stood in front him, hands on her waist like a skeptic old maid.

"Nowt o' a sort." Lui shrugged and stepped away from her. "Art tha, scary woman, speakin' like an old codger?" He whispered to himself as he hid behind Leonard.