Chapter Eleven- We'll be Dressed in Black

I called my dad and told him everything. He informed me that Gray abandoned our house and brought Martina to his family. It was a relief that he did not do anything bad to her.

--

Lauren's family went home and supported us. They were very happy to see me. I felt like finally being reunited with the family I would always love to be part of.

"So, what are your plans after taking back your daughter?" Mr. Jauregui asked, eyeing Lauren and I. We were seated in next to each other in front of her family, having dinner together. Lauren smiled at me supportively.

"Um we have not think of that yet honestly." I truthfully said, wiping my mouth with a napkin. Lauren placed her hand on mine and stroked the back of my hand with her thumb soothingly.

"I'm kind of thinking," she said "we should get a place of our own for us to start over especially for Martina. I mean she needs a place where she can forget about all these."

Her family smiled in agreement, saying it would be a really great idea. And I couldn't agree more.

--

I filed a divorce against Gray and Lauren filed a lawsuit against grandpa, uncle Octavio, the mental institution and its officials. Now the whole world knew about how bad the oldest Cabello is. And a group of feminists, Lauren's fans and bunch of other artists supported us. Now they're startled and shaken of how powerful Lauren's words have become. Her presence alone shakens the Cabellos, now that she have power, I know she can give them a good fight. Evidences were put on the table, it was proved that Lauren's detention to that mental institution in LA was illegal, where she was almost killed, she was also 17 when she was detained in jail and almost got killed again. Perry, that nurse who took care of her in the institution, stood as a witness.

"She walked inside the facility and I thought she was just another patient, a hopeless case of suicidal psychopath but I was wrong. I talked to her and all the while I realized she wasn't insane. An insane person would not tell me about her family, her friends, her lover. She talked as if she was even more sane than I am. I went through her records for a weekly check up with Dr. Danvers and her records show she was 18, from Miami," Atty. Hastings, Lauren's lawyer, presented the authentic copy of the said record to the judge. "Patient's case: Schizophrenia and Post Traumatic Brain Injury, Tendencies: Lashing out, pounding head against the wall, shouting. We were warned that she's one of the most dangerous patients. They said she attempted to kill her friend." he said and Lauren looked at me, knowing he was talking about what happened to us on summer.

"And who exactly admitted her in the facility?" she asked.

"Her mother...but we received a call from Señor Símon Cabello the night before." he said.

"Señor Símon Cabello? What exactly did he said?" Atty. Hastings asked. The young fierce lawyer eyed my grandpa who was seated across the room.

"Objection, your honor, the witness clearly was not the exact person who Señor Cabello talked to, therefore he is not in the position to answer the question."

"But I was there. I heard what he said." Perry said, looking at the other lawyer.

"Your honor, I'm just extracting from the witness' perspective." our lawyer said.

"Objection overruled, please answer the question." the juryman said.

"He said he needs to admit a teenage girl who's suicidal and almost killed his grand daughter." he said. "He was so angry and he wanted the hospital to attend to her as soon as possible."