Chapter 1 - The Red of The Undead

A cloaked figure stood in the middle of the dark forest, drenched in blood. Letting out a soft giggle, a hand wrapped in bandages was raised to pull down the hood, to reveal a girl. She had blue hair and a pair of red eyes, wearing a sinister smile on her face.

"Aww... They're dead already?" She asked, as she lifted her large sword up, leaning it on her shoulder. She looked around, snickering at the corpses around her, "What a sweet scent. I'm gonna miss this."

'Just get back. It's almost dawn.' A voice in her head snapped.

The girl chuckled. "No way. I still want to play."

'You had your fun already. Don't piss me off, Akane. Just a moment from now and I'll take my body back.'

"As if I care~" Akane sang, "Right now, I'm the one who can control it!"

'You need to finish your report. Don't forget that.' The voice calmly said.

The girl pouted, dropping her sword and began to drag it behind her. "Fine, I'll return. But you will do the report."

'Sincerely appreciated.'

It wasn't a long walk, a few minutes and the girl had arrived in front of a large cave, which she silently entered, before she sheathed her sword.

Her steps became faster, until it turned into a sprint through the dark hallway. "Be patient." She hissed, as she could feel the burning sensation all over her body.

The girl slammed open the only crimson-colored door in the hallway, running in and locking it, before she leaned on the door, her hands shaking as she took off her cloak. As soon as she's done, she immediately sat on the bed, taking deep breaths as if trying to soothe the pain.

She let out a shocked gasp, immediately curling herself up into a ball, clenching her chest while laying on the mattress.

'Leave.' The voice commanded.

And that word was all it takes to make her scream, snapping her eyes shut.

A few seconds passed. The girl stayed frozen in her position for a while, as her scream grew weaker into grunts. Her hair faded into a lighter shade, as she let out a soft, bitter chuckle.

"That was quite painful. Not as gentle as usual, Akane." She muttered, opening her eyes. They were no longer red. Her eyes were now dull grey, lacking the excited bloodlust they had before.

'Shut it.'

She shook her head and sat up, just as the door was opened. It was a white-haired boy, with shark-like teeth, holding a large sword.

"Hello, Akane! Welcome back! How is it-..." The boy paused as his eyes met hers, "Sorry, Akai. I didn't notice." He corrected himself, "Wait. It's morning already?!"

"You didn't know? And here I thought you had finally got woken up early."

"I got the night shift turn yesterday. Stayed awake for the whole night." He pouted, as he walked inside and sat on the floor across her, "So, how was the mission?"

"As bloody as always. You know how Akane is."

'Hell yeah, I'm cool, like, damn!' A voice cheered inside her head. Akane's voice, to be exact.

"She is a part of you."

The girl gritted her teeth. "No, Suigetsu. Listen."

"Akane is a murderer, one of Orochimaru's experiments, his most prized pawn."

"My name is Akai, one of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist. I am Akai Kiri, and I am a Konoha shinobi."

| * | * | * | * | * |