CHAPTER 5 | grimoire

📎A/N. Hello my lovelies. I hope your weekend went well and you are gearing up for another week.

I am so excited to be part of @KellyAnneBlount 's Wattpad Block Party. Check out the fantastic line up at www.wattpad.com/266425137-wattpad-block-party-summer-edition-ii-line-up

I will be posting more about it shortly as I'm going to need your help in deciding what to do for the party!

In the meantime, I'll leave you with the next chapter of Witch Doctor. Enjoy and don't forget to vote!

Take care

❤ ℳ

❧ ⚛ ✺ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ≋ ✺ ⚛ ❧

At first, Keira's mind ignored the insistent, but irregular high pitched beeps. After finally falling asleep, it refused to let her out of her slumber without a fight. Struggling with the cobwebs that made it difficult for her to come too, Keira reached from under the covers and blindly grasped for her phone on the bedside table.

The phone disappeared just as quickly.

A moment later Keira shot up in bed fully awake. "Oh, Mother Earth no!"

She reread the message from her sister and cringed. -->Where are you? With sexy Sheriff Vamp and cute TA- what is he by the way? – can't work it out. Will be in the coffee shop next door.

Dayna was downstairs with Ryker and Marcus. Who knew what she had been telling them. Keira scrambled out of bed and promptly fell on the floor. During her unsettled sleep, she had managed to become one with the sheets.

Once she had disentangled herself, she flew to the shower, and, in record time was dressed and out the door, bypassing the lift and racing down the stairs to try and minimise the damage that only her sister was capable of.

As she burst through from the stairwell into the main lobby, she bumped into some very surprised hotel patrons in the process. After apologising profusely and picking up their bags, she raced the rest of the way to the main doors that would lead to the street. Just as she reached the exit, she stopped short and checked herself.

It wouldn't do to let them think she was concerned, and she didn't want to give Ryker any more reservations than he already had.

Keira raised her head, reached for the door and made her way out into the early morning sun. She didn't need to look too far. Dayna, Ryker, and Marcus were seated at a table under the awning of a small coffee shop.

As expected her sister stood out a mile in her white summer dress with bright lime green flowers.

"Dayna, why didn't you come and get me on your way down?" she asked after dispensing with the usual pleasantries.

"I did try and text you," Dayna said with a huge smile, "but the sun was calling, and I couldn't wait any longer."

"And, how lucky, you bumped into Marcus and the Sheriff," said Keira, trying to work out how long they had been sitting there.

Dayna unaware of Keira's distress nodded in agreement. "Ryker's been an absolute honey and let me in on all the local haunts to visit while I'm here." She winked. "You know, the ones that the tourists don't know about."

Keira raised both eyebrows and glanced at Ryker. "He has, has he?"

At least he hasn't escorted her out of town. Yet.

"Just doing my civic duty," he said. Although she couldn't see it, Keira was sure he was laughing at her.

"Perhaps you should just stick to the tourist spots," Keira suggested.