Chapter 6

I quickly discovered that we were in the mouth of a cave. This wasn’t an ordinary cave, however.  This was the most beautiful cave that was on the face on the Earth. No other one could compare. The walls were embedded with jewels of every shape, color, and size; emeralds, diamonds, rubies, topaz, all the gems you could possibly imagine. They lit up the cave, their colors glittering and bouncing off the walls. It was just as beautiful as the garden from my dream, but in a completely different way. I reached forward and touched the walls to make sure it wasn’t my imagination. It wasn’t.

“What’s going on here?” I asked, turning to the guys. They were gazing at me, waiting for my reaction. “Where am I?”

“It’s quite a story, Jasey,” Nolan told me.

“We’ve got time,” Taylor said. “We’re going to spend the night here. We’ll start moving in the morning.”

Nolan and Alex nodded. I slowly sank down to the floor as the others started bustling about. Taylor left the cave to get firewood, Nolan started pulling out food, and Alex started sprinkling the salt stuff again.

“What is that?” I asked Alex as he finished.

“This is just a protection powder,” He said as he put it away. “It keeps away unwanted...er…things.”

He then came to sit by me. Nolan came over as well. He gave us granola bars and water bottles.

“Are you ready for the story Jasey?” Alex asked with a mouthful of granola bar.

I nodded. Alex was the best storyteller in the group. He could make a story come alive in your eyes. I always attributed it to the fact that he could take all of his charm and energy and put it into storytelling.

He drank some water, and then started on the story.