Chapter 2

Nolan dropped me off at my house after we were done at McDonalds.

"I'll be around in about an hour and a half ," He told me as I got off the handlebars.

"I've got some stuff to do before i head over."

"Okay," I replied . "Hurry!"

"I'll try." He winked at me before turning on his bike and speeding off .

I turned and walked towards my huge Victorian-style house. My mom had inherited a gigantic amount of money from some distant relative when I was about a week old. We lived in this beautiful, giant home in a wealthy neighborhood. I had no idea why we lived in it, considering it was just me and my mom, and she was never home. At about the age of 12 my mother became extremely distant with me. Before then, we'd been extremely close. Now, I can't even remember the last time we'd really talked. I hadn’t seen her in about two days. If it hadn't been for the guys, I would have been lost.

I walked up to my room and turned my stereo up so that I could hear my music throughout the top floor. I started grabbing a bunch of pillows and blankets to take to the giant game room that we always stayed in when the guys came over. As I put things together , I thought about all of the reasons why I hated the mere mention of a party thrown my Daphne Reeve's .

________________________________________________________________________

Almost 2 years ago, Daphne Reeve threw the 1st and last of her crazy parties that I attended . I was dating Todd Daniels, a good-looking guy who had been on the track team with me. Alex was the only one there with me out of our group; Taylor had a headache and Nolan just didn't want to come. So I had gone with Todd. I felt out of place, because everyone there were either kids I didn't like or didn't know . 

"Can you get me a drink?" I had asked him .

"Sure babe, " He'd said.

He came back with a coke for me and whiskey for him. I took a sip of my coke, and it had tasted funny. But it tasted good. It left a burning sensation in my throat. I drank it down and asked for more. And more. And more. I lost count of how many cups I drank  

Suddenly, I felt giddy . Everything seemed bright and funny and wonderful. Todd had seemed so irresistible. His brown curls, his soft lips , his pretty eyes ; Somehow we made it upstairs in a bedroom . We started making out, then his shirt came off , then min ; I can't remember much after that. All i know is that I woke up at 2 a.m. in some strangers bed, naked, and Todd was gone . I had the worst headache of my life. I got dressed and headed downstairs , hoping to find Alex . I felt so sick inside from the entire night. As i was looking around for Alex, I saw Todd sitting on a couch , a beer in his hand , and Ashley Garland sitting in his lap.

I walked up to him and said a simple “I hope you burn in hell," before bursting into tears and running out the front door. I ran into Alex on the porch, and told him to take me home . I gave him my car keys so that I wouldn't have to concentrate on the road while crying. He called Taylor and Nolan while he sped me home. He didn't ask what happened until we were in my living room, Nolan and Taylor with us. I told them the whole story, which brought on a fresh round of tears. Nolan's eyes changed from their usual calm to blue fire. I'd never seen him that angry. Taylor started shaking so hard I could feel it through the couch. Alex was up on his feet, pacing back and forth, letting out some choice cuss words. Taylor called up Thalia to come and take care of me; or , in other words , to hold my hair back while I puked from my hangover. I'm not exactly sure what those 3 did. All i know is that Todd came to school next week purple all over, with a broken arm. No more track practice for him. He deserved it.

                  ________________________________________________________________________

I hadn't exactly planned for my first time to be in the midst of a drunken stupor to an egotistical jerk. But things never quite go as planned.  Taylor had his first time with a girl he'd dated for 3 years, but who ended up breaking his heart my cheating on him. Alex hadn't found the right girl, so he was still a virgin. Nolan hadn't had his first time; he said he'd found the girl, but they weren't together. It drove me crazy with wonder as to who the beauty could be that tempted him.

After replaying the whole scene in my head, I was even more determined to stay away from that party . To get my mind off things, I made some chocolate chip cookies. The house smelled delicious by the time Taylor and Alex got to my house.

" It smells like cookies ! " Alex yelled after they let themselves in. I went to greet them in the foyer  laughing the whole way .

" Man , chocolate chips! " Taylor said. "That's why I love you Jasey . You always make people happy." I laughed again before going back to the kitchen to get the cookies out of the oven. Taylor followed me while Alex went to throw their stuff in the game room.

"How are you holding up kiddo?" He asked, concerned . He was always worried about the absence of my mother.

I'm oka . I'm glad i have you guys. Nolan won't be here for another half an hour."

" Well, what are we going to do?"

" We can just watch a movie . It's Alex's turns to pick."

"It's my turn to pick what?" Alex asked as he came in .

" The movie," I said , putting the cookies on a plate .

 " Sweet ! What should I pick?" He thought out loud , stuffing a cookie in his mouth .

" I'm not sure , but don't even think about Fast and Furious again," Taylor said . " I've seen it enough times to last me a millennium."

Taylor and I both burst out laughing at the outraged look on Alex's face.