Jasey's Prophecy

Prologue:

The Gifts Given to those unknown

will guard the one cursedd with the throne.

To be enemies or allies,

to believe the truth or lies.

Once choice decides all;

who shall perish and who shall fall.

Chapter 1:

"JASEY!" Alexander Lovette yelled at me one cold October day. " Give me my hat back !"

 I just stuck my tongue out at him and continued running around the room, seeing if he could actually catch me. I had the upperhand, being sleeker and faster than his more built and clumsy self. We continuously ran in a circle for about 2 minutes before he finally flopped down on the couch, breathless.

  I give up, " He announced dramatically , throwing his hands in the air. " You've got me beat."

 "Alex , next time you make a comment about my inability to handle your jokes about my height , it's going to get alot worse than me stealing your favorite hat." I reprimanded. I wasn't even short! I was 5'7 for goodness sake ! It wasn't my fault that he had grown to flippin’ 6 feet tall by the time he was 14 , and that was 2 years ago.

 "Fine ." Alex put on his best pouty face and stared at the All American Rejects music video that was on the tv.

 "Always have to make a scene , don't we Jasey? " Nolan Darcy chastised without looking up. He was sprawled all over the dark gold carpet, his eyes staring intently at the video . I just growled at him. He cracked a smile and laughed at me, still not removing his glance. I put on Alex's white hat before I turned and faced Taylor Delveccio, the big brother of our little group.

 " I'm bored! " I complained. " And I'm hungry. "

 Taylor put down the weights he was lifting and gave me a look . "Your ALWAYS hungry."

 "So ?" I retaliated .

 He just shook his head at me . "C'mon you 3 , were going to get some food "

  "Good , ‘cuz I'm starving  " Alex said as he jumped up from the couch and landed a little unsteadily. Nolan just nodded and pulled himself up with his normal grace. We walked up the basement stairs into the brightly lit kitchen that was Thalia Delveccio's pride and joy.

 " Where's Thalia ?" I asked brightly . Thalia was Taylor's 25 year old big sister and his legal guardian. She was the best cook in the entire world; one bite and you would be in heaven .

 "She's out shopping today," Taylor replied . "Looks like were going to have to settle for McDonalds."Groans escaped from Nolan, Alex, and me.

 "Shut up. It's either that or starve. "

 " Fine, " Nolan snapped .

We all walked outside and breathed in the fresh air of Autumn. I locked up the house for Taylor while he and Nolan went to get there bikes from the garage. Alex was doing some crazy skateboard trick i'd never be able to do, his golden hair flying in the wind. Alex was only graceful on a skateboard or a surfboard. I stretched, feeling the goodness on the pull of my muscles. Nolan came out of the garage and pulled his bike over too me so I could ride on the handlebars. I climbed up and 4 seconds later we were flying down the pavement .

"FLY ! FLY YOUR WAY TO HAPPINESS ! " I yelled , letting my built up energy out . Nolan cracked the crooked smile i loved , and pedaled even harder .

                                         ________________________________________________________________________

We arrived at Mcdonalds in about 5 minutes time. We were all pink cheeked and bright-eyed as we walked in

 "This place is  heart attack waiting to happen " Nolan grumbled , his black hair falling in his eyes. He as adorable when he complained .

All of the 3 boys I called my best friends were incredibly good-looking. Super-star material. Nolan looked like a brooding lead singer for some punk band that every teenage girl loved, with his creamy skin and jet black hair. His eyes were the color of sapphires an he had a crooked smile to die for. Alex had perfect california-type looks. With a gold tan, gold freckles, sea green eyes, and incredibly perfect wavy gold hair, he could have been the Hollister model of the year . For several years in a row. Taylor was the type of guy you would see playing the hottest guy in school and head jock of some chick-flick: Chestnut curls, a deep tan, awesome biceps, and breathtaking baby blue eyes . They were all over 6 ft, Alex being the tallest at 6'4 and Taylor being the shortest at 6'1. I felt so plain compared to them; Pale skin, dark brown hair, big brown eyes. Real model material, right?

 Anyways, we walked up to the counter where Emma Carter was waiting to take our order. 

"Hey you guys!" She said, excited . "What's up?"

 "Nothing much, just getting some food." Alex said, automatically turning on his best smile . He was such a flirt. "I'm a growing boy, I need nutrition ! "

 " Hah , well then let's get you fed . What will it be?" Emma Carter was the sweetest, most down-to-earth popular girl you would ever meet. She was naturally beautiful, without hair dye or fake tans. She didn't judge or hate someone because of what they looked like or who their friends were. She had even gone to prom with the sweet academic team captain, despite the protests of her soccer friends, because she had genuinely liked him. She'd left that night a prom queen, too. The two of them were still going strong.

 We put in our orders and then sat down with our food, eagerly digging in .

 " So, are we going to Daphne's party tonight ? " Alex asked between bites of his Big Mac. "I think I'd rather hang out at Jasey's house."

 "I am NOT going to her party ," I said meaningly . "And you know why too ." I hadn't had good experiences at any of Daphne Reeve's parties.

 "Well then Daphne's is a no," Taylor said so I would stop glaring at Alex . "Jasey , could we stay over tonight ?"

 "Yeah, sure, my mom won't care . She won't be home anyways." I took a long sip of coke, and immediately started shivering from the cold radiating everywhere. "Nolan, can I have your jacket?"

 "Why should I give it to you?" He asked, humor in his eyes . I loved seeing him enjoying himself, something that didn't seem to happen often. I'd been attracted to him for years, especially when he was happy.

 "Because you love me and you owe me money anyways. The least you could do is lend me your jacket." I put on a puppy-dog face and looked straight into his eyes .

 "Your’re horrible ." He scolded. However, he took off his black and white striped jacket and handed it too me. It smelled amazing, just like soap and spices, and instantly warmed me . I looked up and he was glaring at me. I just smiled and continued eating my french fries in peace.