Chapter 6

I do not own anything except the plot.

Thalia POV

The campers wouldn't talk to us anymore. Only Luke Castilian, Will Solace, Clarisse La Rue and Katie Gardner would talk to us.

Luke had to talk to us whenever we had sword fighting lessons with him. We eventually became friends. (He had a huge scar on his face. When we asked him where he got it, he said he got it in his quest.)

Same goes for Will. He was the archery instructor. Me and Leo were better than him though, and the rest were equal to him. He wasn't shocked though. We eventually became friends. He was also the head camp medic.

Clarisse was the captain of our capture the flag team. We started swapping Attack techniques and became... Well not friends, but acquaintances.

Katie was our Cousin on the godly side. We met in the woods when we were walking around and became friends.

Eventually, Piper, Reyna, Frank, the Hermes Cabin, the Apollo Cabin, the Demeter Cabin and the Ares Cabin started talking to us. Only the Rest of camp didn't, but the Athena Cabin was the most stubborn. Even the other campers acknowledged us. The Athenian kids seemed to have a grudge against Percy even though Poseidon and Athena were getting along now, and ever since Annabeth insulted Percy one day we refused to talk to them or be on the same capture the flag team. The Ares Cabin has won this week already.

Grover was still talking to us, but we didn't see him often.

The next week, Chiron called us to the big house at 6am, which we were not happy about.

"I've just received word from the gods." He said. "You have a quest."

He told us that the big three's symbols of power were missing. "They were stolen during a trip to Mount Olympus a month ago. They've been searching for ages for it." He told us that since we were the most powerful demigods, we would be given the quest. "Wait, Dad's lightning bolt is missing?" I asked. Chiron nodded. I guess he didn't have time to tell us if it only happened a month ago.

"Go to the oracle and get a prophecy." Chiron told us. We obediently trooped up the stairs.

Four flights up, the stairs ended under a green trapdoor. I pulled the cord. The door swung open, and a wooden ladder clattered into place.

The air above smelled like mildew and rotten wood. Not the best smell. We climbed up the ladder.

The attic was filled with Greek hero junk. I didn't take any notice of it though. It was dark, so Leo lit a flame in one hand and a ball of light in another.

By the window, there was the most gruesome memento of all: a mummy, sitting on a tripod stool made of wood. Not the Egyptian embalmed-and-wrapped-in-cloth type, but a human female corpse shrivelled to a husk. She wore a tie-dyed sundress, enough beaded necklaces to make Aphrodite shriek, and a headband over... Um... her? its? Long black hair. Her skin was thin and leathery and her eyes were glassy white slits. Aphrodite would definitely have a heart Attack.

"She has the curse of Hades," Nico murmured. I remembered what Athena told us. The oracle was cursed by Hades after Zeus killed his lover Mary Angel and their child Bianca Angel after the giant war, because of the great prophecy. The curse couldn't be reversed until someone succeeded in taking the oracle.

Looking at her sent chills up my back, even with Leo's fire. My cousins looked the same. Can you imagine how I felt when she sat up on her stool and opened her mouth? A green mist poured from the mummy's mouth, coiling over the floor in thick tendrils, hissing like gods-know-how-many snakes.