Chapter 10: Bye Shawn...

Start from the beginning

"I know you believe that I should go see Y/N," he said at her lips. She froze, moving away so she could look at his face that was scrunched up. His eyes were shut. "But I can't," he sighed out, pained, "she doesn't want me around I-"

"She was angry," Kai said softly, hand moving to the back of his neck, rubbing at it reassuringly.

"So was I," he said lowly, trying not to remember much of what that night had in store.

"You need to move on Shawn," she said lightly, "you've kept this burden all on your cute broad shoulders." She patted at his shoulders and he smiled. "It's time to let it go and just be happy...accept what life is now."

He swallowed and she hugged him tightly, scolding him playfully. "Y/N loves Jungkook," she said softly, "you should be happy for her finally finding happiness with the one she loves."

Kai's eye were soft at that. Her eyes searching his intensely.

Shawn's brows jumped at that, a nervous laugh escaping him when seeing the girl's expression. There was a double meaning to that same remark and he felt sweaty just thinking about what she could possibly mean. "Let's not talk about love yeah?" He popped laughing.

Kai bit her lip a bit, watching as he moved away from her and slumped onto the bed by her feet. Slowly sitting down, she let her head lay on his shoulder as she cuddled into his side. He was awkward in trying to move away but she simply mumbled a "please". He swallowed, staying put. In all the days of seeing each other, Kai had never been in Shawn's arms...she had never experienced cuddling with him. He had always just run off or slept on the couch later. Giving him his space, she understood that he felt uncomfortable with staying the night after having sex. She understood...

But it did bum her out when he was genuine and popped out a soft "I don't know how to cuddle" the first night she had asked him to lay with her. He was an awkward penguin when leaving the room after.

Sighing at the memory, she took the best of this moment when cuddling into his side more. Shawn swallowed hard, trying not to tense up.

"I know you've got a problem with admitting to the ones you love that you care for them," she said softly by his neck, "but this is Y/N...you two are amazing together."

Shawn eyed the ground, listening to the woman talk.

"If you truly love her, you'd try for her," she said slowly, propping her head up to look at the side of his face.

Shawn's eyes shut at that, he swore.

Kai giggled as she pecked his cheek.

"Did I persuade you?" She asked excited. Feeling like she just won all types of different lottery packages.

"Might've just," he mumbled, smiling when she sang out a "yay" and instantly hugged his side.

He laughed, hugging her back. He wasn't tense however as he softly kissed her.

She looked down at him, pecking his lips about twice. "Promise to stay with me after?" She asked slowly, her heart on the line.

Shawn swallowed, his heart aching when looking up at the girl who seemed to be sweetly looking down at him.

She was nervous.

He nodded. "Yeah," he said slowly, smiling hugely when she squealed and hugged him. He chuckled by his ear before hugging her back.

"I'll stay," he said softly.

Kai nodded, gently kissing him as she sat onto his lap. She smiled at him softly kissing her back.