4 - Only Us (2)

"Adrien... say something!" demanded Marinette, who wasn't blushing anymore. He stayed silent, too much for comfort. What was he thinking? Was he going to reject her?

"I... don't know what to say..." said Adrien, looking down. He thought that maybe telling the truth would help, he thought wrong. But he couldn't lie. Even if it would wound the sweet bluenette, the truth is the truth. Marinette was about to say something when Adrien continued.

"Look, I-I love someone else..." Adrien said this and saw how Marinette's expression got sad. He rejected her, she felt how her heart broke into pieces. Maybe this was how Chat felt yesterday with his rejection, it did hurt.

"... But I told her, and she rejected me" Adrien felt again pain and damage. She rejected him?! But he is very kind and handsome, that girl is a fool, thought Marinette, but her heart still hurt.

"Mari, look, I-" managed to say Adrien, he was interrupted by Marinette. He wanted to apologize, but she interrupted him. Poor Mari, she didn't deserve to feel the pain of rejection, but there was no going back. He rejected her, that was it. Maybe it was karma. She rejected Chat, Adrien rejected her. Why is love so complicated?

"I-I understand A-Adrien, yo-you love so-someone else, I c-can't change wh-what your heart feels" stammered Marinette.

"Marinet-" Adrien said, but Marinette put her finger on his mouth to make him stop talking.

"It's... getting la-late, you should leave" she said, and started walking towards the door, but Adrien grabbed her arm and pulled her to his chest. None of them noticed that a red little creature fell from the purse, and landed on a bush. Marinette was being hugged by Adrien, so she hugged him back, she closed her eyes. She could feel the warmth of this hug, the warmth of his chest, she felt at home. Adrien felt how Marinette hugged him back, and it felt special, as if he had hugged her before. Weird, the only girl he hugs is Ladybug. Adrien was hugging her, then he heard a whisper in his ear, which interrupted his thoughts.

"Adrien, tell Marinette that you'll watch the sunset a little more and make her go downstairs" muttered Plagg, very lowly. Marinette stopped the hug.

"Well, I'm going downstairs... are you going to come with me?" asked Marinette, who wanted to start crying, Adrien saw how sad she was, he felt guilty of watching such an amazing girl with her kind heart broken, but he did what Plagg told him.

"I'll watch the sunset a little more, you get going" said Adrien scratching his head. "Okay" she said, and went downstairs.

"What is going on Plagg?" Adrien asked, a little mad.

"I swear I saw Tikki fell from the pink purse that the girl is carrying" said Plagg, he got near the bush in which he saw Tikki land. Tikki was there, but well hidden; so well, Plagg didn't find her.

"Nevermind, it was just an illusion" said Plagg and then he hid in Adrien's shirt. Adrien went downstairs and found Marinette worried. She couldn't find Tikki.

"Mari, are you ok?" he asked. She looked at him, and her face automatically went sad and about to cry.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine... you can go now" said Marinette, her little heart was broken. Her first crush, her first romantic feelings, her first love; rejected, simply rejected.

"Well... wanna go eat somewhere tomorrow? I'll invite" said Adrien, wanting to make her feel better.

"No thanks, I am occupied tomorrow, all day" lied Marinette, her heart was broken, she didn't want to feel like that anymore. "I understand, bye" and Adrien went downstairs to leave the house.

"Plagg, who is Tikki?" Adrien asked to his Kwami, already outside. "She is Ladybug's Kwami" answered Plagg, Adrien sighed.

"What's wrong?" asked Plagg.

"I feel sorry for Marinette, I know how rejection is, and she didn't seem to have taken it so well" said Adrien looking down, then an idea came to his mind, and it was purrfect "I'll visit her tonight, as Chat of course... and I'll invite her to the Eiffel Tower. I've noticed that she's really comfortable and happy with Chat, maybe that'll help" said Adrien excited, that will make her feel better.

"So... Like a date?" said Plagg, laughing.

"Of course not! Marinette's just a friend!" said Adrien, crossing his arms.

"You know Adrien... If she's just a friend, you could just stay with her in her room and play stuff... Not take her to the illuminated Eiffel Tower, which is a very romantic place by the way" said Plagg, and this comment made Adrien cross his arms.

"I'm just trying to make her feel better, okay?" said Adrien, calling his limo to pick him up.

I am really sorry for not posting since who knows when, but this was a long chapter, so I guess it makes it up. Hope you all like it!