3 - Only Us (1)

Marinette woke up and prepared herself, she didn't put anyhting special, only her normal clothes. She felt comfortable with them after all.

She went to the park and received a message from Alya that said "Sorry Mari, but Nino and I, we can't go. You can go with Adrien".

"Seriously Alya?" said Marinette to herself.

"Be happy Mari, you'll be alone with Adrien!" said Tikki from the purse. "Tikki!" cried Marinette.

###

"Wake up Adrien!" screamed Plagg in Adrien's face.

"You have a hang out!" screamed again Plagg.

"Yeah, yeah, I think I'm not going... I'm not in a good mood" said Adrien covering his face with the pillow. He was feeling very sad about what happened yesterday with Ladybug. She rejected him, and this time he confessed for real, and she rejected him. He couldn't change what her heart feels.

"Listen kid, you have to go, your friends are waiting you" said Plagg pulling Adrien's hair. "OUCH!" screamed Adrien.

"Ok, ok, I'll go" said Adrien standing up. He didn't want to go, he didn't want to see anyone. But he thought: he was going to see his friends, and Marinette. She was his Princess, she could help him forget, at least with her company.

"Finally you are awake" said Plagg grabbing a piece of cheese.

###

Adrien went running to the park "Sorry for arriving late" said Adrien. Maybe Marinette would help him to feel better, to heal his broken heart, indirectly. She always somehow makes his day better, it may be because of her funny way of being clumsy.

"No worries Adrien" said Marinette. That reminded her about how she rejected Chat, how sad he looked... how bad she felt. Maybe Adrien could help her forget about that, indirectly.

"Where are Nino and Alya?" asked Adrien, he sat down beside Marinette. She looked nervous, as usual. He wanted to know why she acted like that around him.

"They can't come" said Marinette, internally laughing nervously.

"Why?" asked Adrien. "I don't know" said Marinette. "Oh well, it'll be only us then" said Adrien, then he put a sad face. He didn't want to worry Marinette, she was too gentle and selfless. But he couldn't help it, it was very painful.

"What's wrong?" Marinette asked, worried about him. She had never saw him this sad and depressed. Maybe he had a fight with his dad.

"... Nothing" said Adrien looking down, he saw that Marinette was worried about him, so he changed the subject "It is almost sunset, what if we go to your balcony and we watch it together?" asked Adrien standing up.

"Sure! That is a great idea" said Marinette, standing up. So they went to the bakery and ran upstairs to the balcony, to watch the sunset. Marinette was very excited.

"It is beautiful, isn't it?" said Adrien, wondering how to feel if he would be watching the sunset with Ladybug.

"O-Of course it is!" said Marinette, then he looked at her. Marinette's eyes widened.

"Marinette, I've always wanted to ask you something" said Adrien. "Y-Yeah?" Marinette asked, getting very nervous. Was he going to confess something? What if he was about to confess he loved her? Even better: what if he asked her to be his wife?!

"The first months of school... When you talked to me, you used to stammer all the time. Why?" asked Adrien. He always had wondered why she used to behave so nervously. He thought it was because she was a little uncomfortable with him, that she didn't have the enough confidence to talk to him normally.

"Adrien, I...I... don't know how to explain it" said Marinette blushing. If she tells him, he will know that she likes him! If not, she will never know his feelings towards her.

"Did I make you feel uncomfortable?" asked Adrien. That was his first theory, and the most convicing.

"I-I...... I did that, I used to get nervous around you because... because... I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU" said Marinette, then she covered her mouth, then her whole face, which was red as a tomato. She confessed! She did it! Now she had to wait for his answer

So that was the reason... wait... that look... thought Adrien. He looked at Marinette's face, which was waiting for a response. "I...I..." stammered Adrien. He was about to reject her, just like Ladybug rejected him.