Flashback-part 2

It didn't take Connie long to get to the airport because it was about 15 minutes away from where she lived, as soon as she arrived she jumped out her car and practically ran to the terminal where Grace was waiting. Connie eyes filled with tears as she saw her daughter for the first time in 2 years and what also broke her heart just like any others mothers would was seeing that her precious daughter had been crying and was standing all alone looking like she was lost and not knowing what to do with her self. As soon as Grace spotted her mother she ran to her dragging her suitcase behind her and practically threw her arms around her. Connie and Grace were both crying into each other's shoulders and Connie was whispering to her daughter "I love you so much and giving you up was the worst mistake in my life and I promise you I will never ever do that again" Grace kissed her mums cheek and said " I love you to and it wasn't your fault so don't ever blame yourself" Connie managed some how to control her tears and said "come on princess lets go home" Connie and Grace walked out the airport hand in hand and if anyone had saw them they would have never knew that they had been apart for so long. The drive home was in silence and the only sound that could be heard was the music playing quietly on the radio, Connie was worried about her daughter and wanted to know what has been going on but at the same time she didn't want to pressure or rush her daughter into telling her stuff.

Connie and Grace arrived home and they both took their shoes of and hanged their coats up and then they went into the living room, Grace instantly cuddled into her mother on the sofa and Connie maternal instinct instantly kicked in. "Grace I want you to be brave and tell me what's been going on" Grace started to cry and said "Dad got a new girlfriend who didn't like me and she wasn't very nice to me" Connie kissed her forehead which was to give her daughter some comfort but also to stop her ringing Sam this instant to ask him why she hadn't been informed that he had a new girlfriend and why he was allowing his new fling to be horrible to his daughter. Connie said " when you say your dads girlfriend was horrible what do you mean?" Grace cried and said she "hit me and locked me in my room" Connie's heart broke knowing her daughter was being abused, pushed around and being in danger all the time made her feel so angry, sad but also guilty at the same time. Connie was crying as well now and said "I'm so sorry you went through that and if I was to have known I would have come and got you straight away I am never ever going to let anything happen to you again I promise" Connie now had to ask the dreaded question which she was hoping and praying she wouldn't have to ask but after what Grace had told her she had know choice "Grace I need you to tell me honestly did your dad know" Grace cried and hugged her mother even tighter and said "yes he told me not to tell you or anyone and if I ever did I would pay" Connie was gobsmacked she knew Sam was a piece of trash which meant nothing but she wouldn't have accepted that ever, Connie pulled Grace up onto her lap and stroked her cheek and said "you are staying here and I am never ever letting you go anywhere again I promise you" Grace snuggled into her mother and said " thank you and I love you" Connie said "you don't need to thank me I'm your mother and I love you so much and I'm proud of you for telling me and I swear that things are going to be so much better from now on" Grace and Connie stayed on the sofa for about 10 more minutes and when Connie looked down to tell Grace something she noticed that she was sleeping peacefully, Connie desperately didn't want to wake her but she had no choice she gently shook Grace and said "come on sweetheart let's take you up to bed" Grace and Connie walked up the stairs together and Connie tucked her in and said goodnight and then she went back downstairs and grabbed her phone of the dining room table and sat on the sofa to ring Jacob.

Connie dialled Jacobs number and within seconds he answered, Jacob straight away noticed Connie's voice was full of sadness and he said "are you alright sweetcheeks" Connie started crying and said " no please can you come round and I'll explain I need to see you" Jacob said "of course I'll come round you don't ever need to ask I need to see you to I love you and I'll be their soon" Connie said "I love you to and I'll see you soon" Connie put her phone down and got a bottle of red out of the kitchen and poured her and Jacob a glass because she knew she certainly needed one and was pretty sure that as soon as Jacob knew he would need one too.

Jacob quietly knocked on Connie's front door about 10 minutes later, Connie opened the door and let him in. Jacob sat on the sofa and Connie walked in with their wine and placed it on the wooden table and then she straight away say on Jacobs lap and cuddles into his chest, Jacob wrapped his arms protectively around her and said "talk to me Connie what's wrong?" Connie cried and explained the whole story to Jacob who was know sat their with tears in his eyes after hearing about it. Jacob said to Connie "is Grace okay and is she here?" Connie said "she's okay and she's asleep upstairs in her room" Jacob kissed Connie's forehead and said "I'm here for you and for Grace and I'll never let anything happen to the two of you" Connie was falling in love with this man more and more each day and she said " I know you are can you stay tonight?" Jacob cuddled Connie and said "of course I will, does Grace know about us" Connie shook her head and said "no it's just the wrong time and that's the only reason she doesn't know so if it's alright with you can you sneak out in the morning before Grace wakes up?" Jacob gave Connie a sympathetic smile and said "I understand and of course I will". Connie and Jacob lied contently in each other's arms for about another hour and then they made their way up to bed.

Jacob had previously set an alarm on his phone for 5:30 so he could get up and leave before Grace woke up, he didn't have the sound on very loud but it woke Connie up. Jacob pulled Connie close and said "I'm sorry I woke you" Connie smiled and said "it's fine I would have been up soon anyway" Jacob went to climb out of bed but Connie pulled him back and gave him a passionate kiss on the lips, when they broke for air Jacob smiled and said "what was that for?" Connie smiled and said "to say thank you for everything" Jacob laughed slightly and said "you don't ever need to thank me I better get up" Jacob got out of bed and pulled on his jeans and his t-shirt and grabbed his phone and was just about to leave when Connie whispered "come here" Jacob walked over to Connie who was lying in bed and placed a soft kiss on her lips " Connie smiled and said "I don't know what I'd do without you I love you" Jacob smiled and said "you will never have to be without me and it's a good job that I love you to" Connie gave Jacob one last passionate kiss and Jacob said "call or text me anytime" Connie smiled and said "okay". Connie cuddled back in and was going to cuddle back in to try and get some more sleep before Grace got up and Jacob left Connie's house and went back to his flat.