"Yes baby," he walked in and seeing my watery eyes, frowned, "What's wrong baby?"

I didn't want to tell him. If he didn't notice the extra weight, then I damn sure won't mention it.

"Hungry," I whispered. I feared that if I spoke any louder, that my voice would crack and I would burst into tears.

How the hell did I go from thinking I was the ultimate seductress to feeling like I was the lowest of the low.

"I'm sorry I kept you from your food baby," he gathered my face into his hands and gently kissed my forehead, "I'll go make you something."

He walked out stark naked and I feared that someone would see him in that state. I don't need to fight off hungry bitches as well as my insecurities.

"Pants."

"Oh right," he laughed.

I waited until I heard the door of the apartment close before I took out the scale. Tehran barely kept ingredients in our apartment since the near-fire incident. Thinking of my stupidity in nearly setting the house on fire made me feel even worse about myself. 

I stepped on the scale and watched the numbers climb.

Please stop climbing.

I bit my lip. I'm only two months along and I've already gained five pounds.

I put the scale away and I quickly brushed my tears away. I don't need Tehran to see me crying.

I walked to the closet and put on one of his shirts. If I can't see the flabby mess that I've become, then I can just pretend that it's not there. I put on boxers and I hopped in place getting used to the strange feeling. I normally wear panties but I don't need anything hugging my body.

"Baby?" 

I walked out of the closet and went to my mate. I hugged him quickly and maneuvered myself to his back so he didn't have to see my face. If my face gave away my earlier crying session then he would pester me to find out what's wrong.

"I'm making soup. Would you like to help?" he laughed.

I nodded against his shoulder. I know this was his way of teaching me how to cook so I don't poison his child. With that thought my mood deflated even more.

***

"What's up watermelon?" Michael walked into the room and sat on the couch. I was watching Spongebob and eating a tub of chocolate ice cream.

I looked up at him, not amused in the slightest.

"You get it," he laughed. I blinked.

"You know, cause you're gonna eventually start looking like a watermelon with Tehran's kids inside of you," he cackled at his joke while I blinked back tears.

I put the ice cream down on the center table in front of me and I gathered my knees to my chest, self-consciously hiding my stomach from view.

"Skyler, what are you doing?" he furrowed his brows at me, "you usually finish your ice cream in one sitting. Is it making you nauseous? Do you want me to tell Tehran not to buy it anymore?"

I shook my head and laid my head on my knees.

"Cause all this ice cream does make you gassy," he laughed.

I lost the battle to my tears and with a sob I ran to the bedroom. 

Now I'm fat, gassy and stupid. Tehran's going to leave me now for sure.

"Skyler open the door," Michael sounded panicked.

"Leave," I screamed.

"Skyler, if I said something to offend you, I'm sorry. I was just joking. Come on out please," he begged.