Random Modern AU Cresswell Oneshot

**Not a chapter, just this one-shot I've been building up for about a week. NOT related to the story now, but you can still read it anyway**

"I had a great time tonight," she said. Cress could imagine her through the door. She was probably biting her lip, twirling a piece of her hair, a hand on his chest. Then Thorne said something muffled. It was probably another clichè phrase like "I would hope so," or, "Well then, same time tomorrow?"

Then their was silence. They were probably kissing. Cress shuddered and slammed the refrigerator door. Why'd I have to get stuck with him? she thought. They had been roommates for almost six months now. In that time period alone, he's had twenty-three girls, sixteen he had actually considered girlfriends, and the longest of those "relationships" only lasted two weeks and five days.

Yes, she kept track.

She remembers clearly the day he came.

FLASHBACK

It was the middle of October, at around ten in the morning. He rung the bell eight times and Cress lost count how many time he knocked. She yanked open the door, gasping at the man in front her.

He towered her by a foot, had a leather jacket with the hair to match it. His blue eyes caught hers and she blushed. "Y-yes?"

"Hi. I'm Carswell Thorne, but, you can call me Thorne." He winked. " Is this room 2 14?"

His one-sided grin gave Cress butterflies. She pulled open the door a little more and looked at the room number 2 14. Then she looked back at Thorne. He cleared his throat, "Uh ya of course it is. Well..I'm your roommate."

Cress was taken aback. She was told a roommate would come to her within two weeks after she moved in. She was staying at one of the college apartment buildings that wasn't on the campus of UCLA. It was right in the middle of LA with cafés s here, stores there, and loads of people to bump into.

But she wasn't expecting a...a...well, a guy. Maybe it was a mistake. Anyway, she hastily moved aside to let him inside, ignoring his outstretched hand. He went back in the hallway and got his other belongings. She had to get out of here. To demolish the awkwardness. Boys weren't her strong suit.

"Um, the extra bedroom is the last room on the left," she said, not stopping as she gathered her keys, wallet, and laptop bag.

"Hey, where are you going?" He looked like he wanted to talk. Cress avoided his gaze.

"I have to meet some one-a cousin of a friend, or...something. I'llbeback." She rushed out and leaned against the front of the door, letting out a breath. She went to the Starbucks across the street.

It was bad enough for her step mother to tell her she should apply for a roommate. "You can't live college life with your phone and wifi, Cress! College friends are lifetime friends!" her step mother had said. She always tried hard to get Cress to make friends. She was put into Girl Scouts, cheer-a-leading, the works. But Cress always smuggled her way out of them.

She even made Cress fill out the application in front of her. Maybe that's where the mistake was. She opened her laptop and opened her application. There it was. Right in front of her. How could she have missed it? She was a computer science major for crying out loud!

Roommate Preference:

Male [ ]
Female [ ]
No Preference [✔]

The default No Preference box was still checked. She was rushing when she filled out. But how could she have missed the part that determined who she would be living with for the next year of her life? Well, maybe it wouldn't be that bad. He was really cute, the way his eyes sparkled...