Chapter 10 ~ Even stranger feelings

Loki and I wait for our coffee. While waiting I look around and recognize someone who I usually work with. Crap, he will blow my cover. I look away from him and turn my back to him. If he sees me, I'm dead. What should I do?

Suddenly someone taps me on my shoulder, I turn around and see it's him. Shit, Mitch saw me and now he is going to turn me into S.H.I.E.L.D.

"Hey there gorgeous, wanna have some coffee together?"

Wait, why did he say that. I glance at myself in the mirror and see the disguise of the blond women. Wow, I'm so dumb. I totally forgot about it. He's just trying to hit on my disguise.

"I'm sorry but I came here with my boyfriend and he certainly wouldn't like that",  I answer him and go stand besides Loki.

Loki gives me a funny look, but then realizes what is going on and puts his arm on my shoulder. As soon as he touches my shoulder, an electrical current runs trough my body.

"I don't like you asking my girlfriend for a drink. If you don't want any trouble, it would be best for you to walk away", Loki warns him

"Hey, sorry. I thought she was free. I'll leave you alone", Mitch says and walks away

I let out a huge breath I was holding. I was so scared that I was going to be caught. Thank god Loki came along and had us disguised. The guy had his usefulness.

"What was that?", Loki asks me and takes his arm of my shoulder.

"Ah, sorry. He was one of my colleagues. I was afraid he would recognize me. But I realized we have disguises so that wouldn't happen".

"The why the whole girlfriend thing?".

"I just wanted to get rid of him. I'm not used to guys flirting with me. I guess it freaked me out a bit".

"I understand that. But the men on this planet certainly are blind if they don't see the beauty you posses", Loki looks away from me when he says this

"Uhm, thanks I guess. Hey, our coffee is ready, so we can go".

Loki keeps looking away from me. Maybe he himself didn't expect to compliment me.

I grab my coffee and take Loki's too and give it to him. We walk to the door and again he holds the door for me. I thank him and walk on.

On the street I notice that a lot of men are looking at me. Is this how it feels to be normal. It feels so weird, now everyone is looking at me for different reasons. Not because I look weird, but because I look normal. It feels unnatural. I'm so used to people looking at me disgustedly.

All this time I thought I wanted to be normal, but now that I look normal it feels weird. It feels as though I don't belong, like I don't fit in. Maybe a normal live isn't the thing I really want. It just feels so wrong. What do I really want then, if it isn't to be normal?

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize that we're already back at the base. Loki looks at me with a concerned look, to which I just give him a small smile and walk on.

As soon as we're in the base our disguises disappear and I stop and look at myself. Ever since the accident I hated how I looked and felt like a freak. But looking normal again feels even weirder to me. Have I become used to looking weird after all this time. Maybe looking different isn't all that bad. I guess it's who I am now.

"Are you alright", Loki asks me and touches my shoulder.

A small electrical current runs trough me, but it feels good, almost pleasant.
I stare at the place where Loki's hand is and he immediately takes it away from my shoulder. Looking a bit ashamed.

"I just realized something, that's all. And I don't mind if you touch me, it's just that your skin feels a bit cold", I half lie to him.

"And what is it that you have realized?".

"That ever since the accident that changed me to look different. All I wanted was to look normal again. But just now when I looked normal with the disguise it felt wrong. After looking so weird for all this time, I got used to it. I'm okay with the way I look now", I smile while saying that

"Well that's a good thing to realize. I'm glad I was of some help to you. I already thought that you look beatiful, it's good that you see it yourself too now", Loki gives a half smirk at the end

My whole body feels like it is on fire and my face feels especially warm. Oh no, I am blushing. I quickly turn away from him. Only to stupidly find out that the mirror is behind me. Loki sees me red face while I was trying to hide it from him. His eyes observe every little thing on my face and stop at my eyes. Loki looks me in the eyes and I feel weird again. He steps closer towards me, until he is standing behind me. I can feel the front of his body against my back and my body feels even warmer than before.

What the hell is happening to me?