Chapter 15: Pain

Chapter 15: Pain

          All was white, everything I saw was clouds and it’s blinding my vision. Freezing air touches my skin and I felt my hard breathing suffocating me. Out of nowhere, Dad came and held my arms gripping tightly almost marking me red making me cried out in pain. His eyes turned red reminding me of those red-eyed monsters at the forest now I knew were demons. I shivered at the thought and tried to pry away my arms on him but his body suddenly shook and second later white pair of wings came out from his back. It was like Nigel’s but his was whiter and shinier. How could he have a pure white pair of wings and bloody red eyes at the same time came to my thought confusing me. “Dad…” I started but he shook his head silencing whatever I wanted to say.

           “You’re eighteen now and its time…” he said.

          “Priscilla! You will be late if you won’t get up just right now!’ I heard Dad’s voice making me jump from my bed realizing everything I saw was just a dream. Another dream, another confusing but real-like dream. “Pris…!”

        “Yeah I heard Dad…I’m getting up okay!” I answered pinning my hair with a pencil while walking downstairs to meet my Dad.

          His eyes were scrutinizing me like he wanted to know something out of me as I make my way towards the dining table and started eating. Dad cooked pancakes and bacon and the aroma of coffee felt homey I just realized how hungry I am from last days’ events. Dad looked weird and confusing, he was silent as always but his eyes are saying something I could not understand. I prepared myself for school the fastest I could make to avoid Dad and whatever it is that I felt was coming. Tugging on my messenger bag I said my goodbye to dad through a simple nod knowing he understand what I meant. We were not the closest father-daughter relationship and a simple nod is what it takes for us to communicate. Well, I am not proud of it but I’m contented with the way we were conversing. It’s not like I wanted to be closer to him after everything that he has done in my life. He’s just weird and unfortunately, he’s my father. Now I’m stuck with that fact.

          Half of the day ran in a blur, it is now lunch and I really didn’t feel hungry. I sat in one of the table at the cafeteria over thinking what I wanted for lunch but came up with nothing. A sudden headache makes my heart beat erratically. I felt so much pain and everything I saw became distant and darker. I didn’t even realize that I am shouting too loud and the whole cafeteria tensed up from the attention I am bringing.

          A pair of warm hands suddenly wrapped around my waist and I felt I was lifted from the stool I was seated. Whoever the owner of the warm hands carried me like I weigh nothing, bringing me with him outside the school. Once we were a couple of meters away from the school I felt a light breeze of air, I now felt like I’m flying, passing trees and roofs during the process.

         “Pris, princess, what’s wrong?” I heard Nigel’s sweet soft voice laced with concern and it made my stomach churn and my eyes snapped open. He was eyeing me like taking in what I was feeling at the moment. I saw his wings moving and it really amazed me.

         “Pain, so much pain. I can’t pin point where but it feels like hell burning me” I said in croaked voice, feeling more pain each time I speak a word.

          “My head is going crazy, it hurts like bitch and my stomach is spinning, can we just stop moving?” I pleaded but remembered a thing “What are you doing in my school at this hour?” I saw Nigel smiled at the question “Guard, remember?” he state calmly. It could be nice but I was really in pain and now even my back hurts like it is burning. I whimpered and it didn’t go unnoticed by Nigel. I didn’t know how but we were now at his room, Nigel placed me gently on his bed. I was trying not to cry and look weak but a sob escaped my lips when another pain in my back shoots me.

          “Pris, you’re burning hot. It’s like you were turning into a…but wait it can’t be…you were not an angel…that was impossible” I barely hear what Nigel is saying but it confused me a lot.

          “Wait…what? What are you talking about?” I was unsure if I was saying the right words or if I spoke in stutter but I really want to ask, the pain is almost unbearable and I can feel myself losing my consciousness. Just as Nigel was about to say something, I heard the door burst open.

          “Give me Priscilla, Nathaniel!” Dad ordered and I cringed at his tone.

         “Sebastian?” Nigel called furrowing his brows and that was when I lost it. I felt darkness overtake, the pain in my head and back was gone but the fire was still burning me.